Carb help, again!

Hey fellas-

Here I am again trying to get my DRZ out for its first ride of the year. I think I jinxed myself making the comment to my wife what a great bike it has been, I never had a problem with it until I said that last year.

So last year it just wouldnt start, carb was gummed up pretty good.

This year, I can get it running, but gas starts spewing out of the (vent?) on top of the carb when I turn it over. It started and ran rough, filled a 12 oz can with gas in about 30 seconds. Thats not going to be good for the mileage!

Multitasking at the moment, I moved onto other things to do while I figured I could go ahead and ask what you think. Stuck float maybe????

At least my float charger kept the battery good over the winter!!

Thanks in advance!

:thumbsup:

Stuck float or needle and seat problem. Pull it apart. Next time you put it away add Sea Foam or Stabil. I add Sea Foam to every tank full. It keeps the carb clean and stabilizes the fuel so it does not gum up. Even Wal Mart sells it. :thumbsup:

db

http://www.seafoamsales.com/motorTuneUpTechGas.htm

I do use stabil in everything and make sure it gets into the carb before storage...

just my luck i guess....

Before you get too carried away, try this. Put the petcock to "PRI" and tap lightly on the carb float bowl with the plastic handle of a screwdriver. Works about 1/2 the time to free stuck floats.