Sign in to follow this  

2006 300XC Vs 2008 300XC

Well after thinking about getting a new bike for a while, decided the 144 wasnt going to be what i wanted. Pretty sure i want a 300 now, cause it is more trail friendly than the 144, and i ride trails :thumbsup: So i have a few questions for all you knowledgable peoples out there. The XC come with the lighting coil and no light right? Will the 300 still keep up to MX bikes on the track, Mainly 250F's? (think it probly will) The most important thing i want to know is what improvements were made from 06-08, and would someone that rides mainly trails and gravel pits and the odd MX track notice these changes enough to pay an extra $2000 for the 08? I am 15 and ride a CRF250R right now, and would concider myslefe pretty agressive.

I rode an '06 w/$700 in Slavens revalving and it was MUCH worse in sand whoops than a stock '08. The '08s are also lighter.

You might want to consider a 250XC.....

Well after thinking about getting a new bike for a while, decided the 144 wasnt going to be what i wanted. Pretty sure i want a 300 now, cause it is more trail friendly than the 144, and i ride trails :thumbsup: So i have a few questions for all you knowledgable peoples out there. The XC come with the lighting coil and no light right? Will the 300 still keep up to MX bikes on the track, Mainly 250F's? (think it probly will) The most important thing i want to know is what improvements were made from 06-08, and would someone that rides mainly trails and gravel pits and the odd MX track notice these changes enough to pay an extra $2000 for the 08? I am 15 and ride a CRF250R right now, and would concider myslefe pretty agressive.

The 300 is really trail friendly. It does come with a lighting stator. The XC needs a voltage regulator and lights and the W just needs the lights. I ride my XC on tracks and I have no problems ripping past a 250F in the straights. Make sure you get the proper springs for your weight and it'll work great for an all purpose bike.......

The '08 has a new frame and the W models have electric start. The XC can have an e-start kit installed for like $500. The '08 handles better from what I've been told, but I haven't rode one enough to be able to tell. The front forks are "improved" and more complex to work on too from what I've been told. For the price difference and for what you'll be using it for I would probably go with the '06 or a '07.

WWill the 300 still keep up to MX bikes on the track, Mainly 250F's?

Actually, I am not sure the 250F's will keep up with the 300!!!

haha thanks for the replys, I have been looking for a left over 07. turned up nothing. How much would the voltage regulator be? I am going to keep looking, cause the 06 is rather far away, and i havent even sold my old bike yet. Might end up just trading it in so im not stuck with out a bike. Im going out riding now :thumbsup:

wow, only $15. How loud are the 300's? My CRF250R with FMF factory 4 on it is REALLY LOUD, and the sound travels for miles. Wouldnt mind something a bit quieter, its rather annoying having everyone with in a country block know where you are. That and the constant complaints from people that i make too much noise lol. I am 95% sure im going to get a KTM300 right now.

2 strokes are quiet, my 300 is WAY quiter than my 525 is. oh an a 300 will eat any 250F alive!! not even close.

Mike

LOL....

the 530 is one hell of a machine and I can tell you this... out of the hole the 3 hunny whoops it's ass.... and still holds true to top speed for a bit, however, ther 530s gearing allows it to pull a bit longer and over rev better... Not starting an argument here, but.....

Are you kidding me, a 300 will smoke any 250, any day... no matter the mods! Pure horsey to horsey battle there is no comparison...

The bike won't win races though....... you will!

i searched for 08 300 xc or xc-w in southern cal and all sold out in march 2008. they had two 2007 300 xc w and my neighbor and i got them. they are very popular bikes. motocross action magazine just tested the 300 xc and said they liked them better then the 250 sx and 450 sx on the track! get the article. My nieghbor and i ride with a guy who has a 2008. the bikes are super quite and as powerful as you need. i just came off a kx500 and the kx was a little more powerful but vibrates and doesn't handle like the 300. remeber 250 four strokes race with 125's and 144's. the 250's and 300 ride with 450's. i haven't seen the horsepower and torques comparisons but if 250 two strokes are just slightly under power compared to 450's i think the 300's have to be same power and lighter, easy to work on, etc, etc.