Sign in to follow this  

Good riding around vantage?

Is there any good desert riding thats accesible from the campground at vantage?

Thanks

Beverly Dunes/Crab Creek is little closer...head toward Mattawa, turn Left at sign

Search for posts by Old Man Time. That area is his stomping gounds.

The answer to your question is yes. A little ways up the Old Vantage Hwy. on the right side of the road is the Green Dot riding area. There is an access road through the Ginko Petrified Forest that is legal. You need to call for the combination to the lock to gain entrance or you can ride about 10 miles west on the Old Vantage Hwy for an access that doesn't have a gate.

The answer to your question is yes. A little ways up the Old Vantage Hwy. on the right side of the road is the Green Dot riding area. There is an access road through the Ginko Petrified Forest that is legal. You need to call for the combination to the lock to gain entrance or you can ride about 10 miles west on the Old Vantage Hwy for an access that doesn't have a gate.

CLOSED TILL MAY 1st..................:thumbsup:

TONY

I've heard that it's possible to ride from the mattawa side all the way to the Gorge. Is this true? I've ridden the singletrack on the ridge that goes to the Horse Heaven Monument but it seemed to dead end into a farmer's field.

I'll be camping out there Memorial weekend, and was wondering if it would be worth houling my bike out there. We're going with lots of friends that don't have a bike so it would have to convienent.

I'll be camping out there Memorial weekend, and was wondering if it would be worth houling my bike out there. We're going with lots of friends that don't have a bike so it would have to convienent.

Take the bike and if you can borrow another one to infect your non biking friends that would be cool. I have gotten everyone that works for me into bikes. Good way to increase our numbers to fight the greenies with.

Any idea when game dept. will open gate to get out to west bar?

Any idea when game dept. will open gate to get out to west bar?

It might be open already. It is not in the closure area. Getting there from Vantage will be the problem due to snow. I am willing to bet the route from Parke Creek is impassable yet for bikes. Coming in from Wenatchee/Malaga might be possible?

TONY

It might be open already. It is not in the closure area. Getting there from Vantage will be the problem due to snow. I am willing to bet the route from Parke Creek is impassable yet for bikes. Coming in from Wenatchee/Malaga might be possible?

TONY

Last year, a few weeks earlier than today, we parked at Parke Creek and rode up and down (not sure of the road) but come in from the South to the gate. Heading up and out North to the top and back down to Parke creek, we hit a bit of snow that made it quite interesting. When we were down at the gate entry to west bar, it was closed and OMT made a call later that month to get it open.

Itching to get a longish ride in and check out the scenery. Might need to carry gas for my new 2T as I have no idea on range (2.9 gal tank)

How is the leg?

How is the leg?

Itchy and driving me nuts. It is getting better but is taking a long time to heal. :thumbsup: Still at least a month away from riding......maybe more.

I walked through your camp at the Dez 100 Poker Run. It seemed pretty quiet so figured you to be out on the course. By 5pm I was pretty tired and headed home. The mind was willing :ride: but body said enough!

TONY