Sign in to follow this  

Which came first KLX or DRS?

I know this is old news for most, but I need someone to splain to me about the kissing cousins, KLX400 AND DRZ400S.

Which one is the chicken and which one is the egg............. :thumbsup:

I know this is old news for most, but I need someone to splain to me about the kissing cousins, KLR400 AND DRS400S.

Which one is the chicken and which one is the egg............. :thumbsup:

do you mean DRZ :ride:

The KLR is a much older design. I had an 89 KLR250 and I remeber drooling over the DR350 when it became available. It was a much better design...bigger motor...disc brakes all the way around where my KLR250 had drum brakes in the back.

Who cares!!,XR's are the dominant force in the galaxy---just kiddin ya---hahahahahahaha!.

Are you talking about the KLX400 or KLR? I didn't know they made a KLR400. I had a KLR 600. They were first built in 1984 and then went to a 650 in 1987. They were and still are turds IMO.

Are you talking about the KLX400 or KLR? I didn't know they made a KLR400. I had a KLR 600. They were first built in 1984 and then went to a 650 in 1987. They were and still are turds IMO.

Yes! KLX400 Man I really screwed that first post up. Killed too many brain cells in my youth.

The DRZ shares this forum with the KLX......... and they look identical, but two different manufacturers.

If you look at the stock muffler and frame of any KLX, there is Suzuki pressed into them. The KLX was pumped out of Suzuki's manufacturing plants. Man has this been covered a thousand times or what!!!

If you look at the stock muffler and frame of any KLX, there is Suzuki pressed into them. The KLX was pumped out of Suzuki's manufacturing plants. Man has this been covered a thousand times or what!!!

Like I said........ I knew it was old news. I just couldn't figure out a way to search DRZ400, and KLX400 with out coming up with half the posts ever posted. So make it 1001 times, and Thanks! :thumbsup:

So Suzuki made the bikes, and Kawasaki slapped their name on them. Who-d a thunk it.