how bad is this? clutch basket damage

i know its not good thats for sure but i have been riding many hours on this motor and havent noticed as much as a hiccup and only slight (normal ammount) of metal debris in the filter. its kind of a pisser i think im gonna have to replace this soon.

SS850626.jpg

i know its not good thats for sure but i have been riding many hours on this motor and havent noticed as much as a hiccup and only slight (normal ammount) of metal debris in the filter. its kind of a pisser i think im gonna have to replace this soon.

SS850626.jpg

Hmmm, that piece has to be in there somewhere....ouch!

Well, unless it was never there....Hmmmmm, I hate these predicaments ?

Let us know what happens

Oh shit son... yeah, I wouldn't think it would make that much of a difference... I mean obviously its not good to have that metal piece floating around, but once you get it out of there, shouldn't make much difference to the performance?

To have several hours on the bike the basket looks good, other than the broken finger. Usually the basket will show signs of notching, but yours looks good. I would be concerned about the clutch catching on the broken piece. If the clutch is engaging and disengaging properly I wouldn't worry about it (other than looking for and removing the broken piece).

You should be fine. Just make sure you pull out the big chunks if you can find them. I had an older bike where the entire flange was missing and never had a problem. Just last week I had to replace my clutch boss on my newer bike because the previous owner broke off a spring bolt mount. And it never had a problem either.