Sign in to follow this  

New 2006 CRF250R!

Hi I finally got a Honda, after my year of a Yamaha 230. I just picked up a 2006 CRF250R for $3400 last night. It has Pro Wheel black wheels, FMF Titanium MegaBomb exhaust, Wiseco high compression piston, white and red plastics, 2 sets of One Industries Graphics and 3 One Industries seat covers and the stock one, never used, but yeah it is awesome I'll have pics up as soon as possible.

Jesse

Nice! Must be a huge jump from that 230!!

congrats, get some pics up!

Congrats on the new bike :ride:

Make sure you stay on top of maintenance and the bike will last and perform excellent.

Change oil after every good hard ride. That would consist of being on the track on the gas pretty hard. But for you, just starting out on the new 250r, I would change both oils every 2-3 rides. As you start riding the bike harder, change the oil sooner. I use a 15w40 diesel oil in my bike. Shell Rotella T 15w40, or 76 lube gaurdol 15w40, I use both with great results. Oil filter after every 10 hrs.

Airfilter after every dusty ride or a couple of normal ones. Filter skins helps with service interval.

And when working on the bike, cleanliness is super important. Don't let any dust/dirt fall in. When you change an airfilter make sure the airboot is totally clean and spotless. And the airfilter is totally saturated with airfilter oil, do not wring the filter, only squeeze. And after you install the filter, make sure you always feel all of the way around it to make sure it has a good seal, if not, remove and re install.

Enjoy the bike :rant::thumbsup:

:thumbsup: i did a jump from a xr 100:crazy: nice find man

I did the exact same thing except to an 2008 CRF 250R. It didn't take that much to get used to the power gain IMO.

Thanks for all the comments I just got pics taken last nite so I will get them up hopefully tonite. (If I can figure it out!?!) O BTW MichaelRipp, where are you in Nebraska?

Jesse

Thanks for all the comments I just got pics taken last nite so I will get them up hopefully tonite. (If I can figure it out!?!) O BTW MichaelRipp, where are you in Nebraska?

Jesse

use photobucket

im from ravenna...its about 30 miles north of kearney or 30 miles west of grand island. where are u from?

Well I'm from Clay Center about 45 mins from Grand Island, mostly South and just a little East of Grand Island. Heres pics (I think)

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn11/country_boy_06/bike001.jpg

Jesse

I fixed it for you.:thumbsup: Your bike is so nice. Love the fmf duals.

Yeah I love it, only problem is mom gets a little mad when it takes me 2 hours to clean after a ride. I take pride in how my bikes look but not so much with the old 230. Thanks btw it does look pretty sweet IMO.

Jesse

good deal on a good looking bike. i just hope the previous owner took care of the motor as well as he/she did the apperance