Anyone install a dual sport kit and stator on a CR500?

Has anyone install a dual sport kit (maybe with front and rear turn signals) and stator on their CR500?

I am looking for information on cost, functionality and recommendations on where to buy the required parts.

Thx,

Bob

AFAIK, Service Honda's kit is the best option currently available for adding lights to a CR500R. The $500+ price has kept me away though. The only other option I know of is one of the little ~35w lighting coil add-ons. But I hear they fit poorly and don't produce useful power. I believe E-Line (??) use to make a worthwhile kit but I don't think it's available any longer.

Service Honda ignition and lighting coil kit:

500%20lite%20kit%20ac.jpg

The actual lights would be a separate purchase. There are a number of options available once you've got AC or DC lighting power.

aren't 2 strokes ilegal for onroad use???

aren't 2 strokes ilegal for onroad use???

Not in between the Rockies and plating before 2001 (I think 2001) in California.

AFAIK, Service Honda's kit is the best option currently available for adding lights to a CR500R.

The actual lights would be a separate purchase. There are a number of options available once you've got AC or DC lighting power.

What do you mean AD or DC?

What is the difference in AC or DC dual sport kits?

Which would be better?

I don't want to add some big battery.

Alternating Current vs. Direct Current.

DC is used with lighting systems that incorporate a battery or capacitor. DC is a must if certain electrical components are incorporated into your lighting system (e.g. HID lights, fans, electric starters, most accessories that have a circuit board). AC systems don't require a battery or capacitor and can run most halogen/incandescent types of light bulbs. Generally speaking, if a bike has a battery it utilizes DC power. Lighted bikes that don't have a battery generally utilize AC power.

AC systems are generally simpler because of the absence of a rectifier and a battery. [note: Even in a DC system the stator actually produces AC power but AC can be converted to DC with an electrical component called a rectifier.] But DC systems provide "cleaner", more adaptable power and your lights will still function with the engine off (until the battery runs dry).

AC probably makes more sense on a 500 if all you're adding is non-HID lights.

Those are the facts as I understand them. I'm no expert though.

i put a 45 watt lighting coil on mine from steahly. i also bought the DHH dual headlight from acerbis. i have it wired up so only one light is on at a time (hi and lo). i have a LED tail light but it works on DC only, i was told by baja designs that theirs works on AC, i will be buying that so i can get mine street legal. michigan does not require turn signals, so i didn;t put any on my bike.

BTW, i havn't seen how bright it is at night, but its better than nothing and will get me street legal.

...i was told by baja designs that theirs works on AC, i will be buying that so i can get mine street legal...

I've got one of those on my xr650r (AC only) and I've been happy. Functions as a license plate light too.