Sign in to follow this  

1st time top end rebuild

this is my 1st time to rebuild a top end i have a 98 kx100 with a crack in the cylinder can anyone recommend a good place to send it to get renickel plated? what should i be looking for piston wise if i want more power? whats the biggest i can go bassicly im trying to do this the cheapest way. all i have is an fmf pipe and everything else is stock. any help would be awsome thnx

Cracked cylinders can be repaired. Send it to US Chrome or Millenium Technologies. It will come back better than new.

The biggest kits that I know of that are bore-only without stroking the crank are 107cc.

If you really want to do a big-bore right for that engine, buy an 85 cylinder, they are a much better starting point for a ported big-bore engine due to the port layout.

A stroker kit is much more effective for that engine than a big-bore. There's not a lot of added performance with the big-bore, but the stroker engines are much faster than stock. A stroked KX100 will outrun stock 125s with ease.

can u tell me more about the stroker kit? as in whee its available what i need to do it ive never herd of it b4 id like to look into it

Are you a very commited racer? Or just have a lot of money to burn? Strokers are very pricey.

Here's one example:

http://www.maxpower-engines.com/big-bore-kits/kx105.htm

Stroker kits are much more effective on 85/100cc two-strokes than big bores because of the short length of the exhaust systems that the frame size dictates. If you really want the most performance out of your KX100, a stroker kit with a big-bore 85 cylinder is the hot ticket. But like I said, they are quite pricey because of all the modifications required, to the crank, the cases, the cylinder, and even the piston itself.

Just google KX 100 stroker kits.