Sign in to follow this  

Pretty big smoking problem !help!

Well i have a SSR SB-A and i am having a horrible smoking problem. I havent ridden it in weeks due to it. I have tried contacting Outlaw but i have not gotten an email back after about 4 of them sent.

First i thought it was my oil so i checked it and it is good. I am really not sure what else it could be. Some suggestions would be great!

Thanks alot.

Well its possible that its over filled? Over filling alows oil to spill into the cylinder. If thats not it it could possible be that either a ring is stuck OR the rings are not seating. Some things to try would be a few frequent oil changes, adding a bit of Marvel Mystery oil to the gas and the crankcase oil.

Another question: Are you running, or did you run the stock oil that came in it? It is known to glaze the cylinders and should not ever be run. If you did, you may have problems.

Another question: Are you running, or did you run the stock oil that came in it? It is known to glaze the cylinders and should not ever be run. If you did, you may have problems.

No, i changed the oil when i got it. I will try to do an oil change and see if it helps.

No, i changed the oil when i got it. I will try to do an oil change and see if it helps.
make sure you use motorcycle oil and not automobile oil

Could be a leaky valve guide seal. Or maybe there is oil in the pipe from shipping it.

its a slight possibility that the cylinder got glazed and the Rings never got seated. Ive seen this a few times.

Ive also seen 1 time where the valve seal was split from the factory and the bike smoked bad

how many hours are on the motor.

And Ive learned never rely on an Email you need to call and state the issue calmly and not bent out of shape with an attitude Not that you would...:thumbsup:

My bike is also barely smoking white when i rev it up. I believe it's due to the fact that I accidentally broke the bike in with Synthetic oils. Learn from my mistake guys to never use synthetics in chinese bikes.

Stick with conventional