ohlins dampner

Looks like the Scotts and since Ohlins has been building the Scotts dampener for Scotts for years , I think it is just paying for a little more doo dads and the name.

Looks like the Scotts and since Ohlins has been building the Scotts dampener for Scotts for years , I think it is just paying for a little more doo dads and the name.

A little more to it then that, this has individual adjustments for return to center vs away from center dampening in addition to range of sweep. It's the next step in fine tuning for a steering stabilizer. I love the Scotts myself over the others, but I tend to do alot of single track with roots and rocks everywhere, don't much like the other stabilizers with a generic resistance across the whole range away from and returning to center. I tried that, I am much better off not having any stabilizer then constantly fighting the stabilizer while trying to dodge trees kind :thumbsup:

I`m waiting on one of these, a few beers and lathe work to adapt, but will be worth it.

First shipment arrived & were all pre-sold (CRF`s), there expecting great things & The USA depot has made a move to aquire the company

damper.jpg

08MX20sdamperjapparts2.jpg

I think I will wait for one ....mmmmmmmmmmmm so beautiful:awww:

Edit......(link, rules etc....)

Edit......(link, rules etc....)

what?

I posted a link to another maker of dampers I use and some availability info etc......on second thought I didn't know if it was an infraction of the rules and such.....so I clipped it.

I posted a link to another maker of dampers I use and some availability info etc......on second thought I didn't know if it was an infraction of the rules and such.....so I clipped it.

don't censor yourself:bonk: ...that's coffee job ! :thumbsup:

so what was the link ?

Ok- at the risk of getting clanged....

I use an RTT motorsports damper on my Honda. I really like the hands-on-the-bar adjust-on-the-fly feature .....100-50-0% of the preselected setting on the big knob.

I got curious and called them.

They are/should be (really noisey compressor going) making them for the TE.

The TC would require a group going in and pre-ordering 10 min. Or, swapping out to the TE clamps etc etc....

Really great peeps and an awesome product.

FYI, YMMV etc....

Please don't taze me coffee-dood! :thumbsup:

Chekc yer PM for the link....

I use an RTT motorsports damper on my Honda. I really like the hands-on-the-bar adjust-on-the-fly feature .....100-50-0% of the preselected setting on the big knob.

I got curious and called them.

They are/should be (really noisey compressor going) making them for the TE.

The TC would require a group going in and pre-ordering 10 min. Or, swapping out to the TE clamps etc etc....

Really great peeps and an awesome product.

FYI, YMMV etc....

Please don't taze me coffee-dood! :rant:

Thanks !!:thumbsup:

now Go Coffee GET HIM !!:ride:

Not cool!

:thumbsup:

History has proven that, any damper Ohlins manufactures will be an excellent damper!

There's even more to it than that. The really trick thing about the new Ohlins damper is the (see photo in post #4, large ring in upper left) upper bearing race is replaced on your bike with that of the damper's new race. This extremely simplifies installation -if they have one to fit your bike. No more funky rods to mount!

Currently, Ohlins only plans to make kits for '08 models of the big-4 and KTM. :thumbsup: Of course, many older bikes from these big-5 will fit as well, but right now, Sweden has no Husky applications, and has no interest in developing any. Go figure.

Being the humble servant that I am to the Husky community, I have graciously offered up my lowly TE to my pals Stacey, Matt, and Mike at Ohlins USA in an attempt to figure out what kit will need the least machining to adapt to Husky applications.

Yo Bobby/BMW-Atlanta. Any chance you can do some research on the upper bearing/race and find out how many late model husky's are the same, and then loan us a bearing/race set that will be returned to you after dimensioning?

Please don't taze me coffee-dood! :thumbsup:

Was going to make a silly comment but I won't.

The rules are fairly straight forward, and can be accessed by clicking on 'help' or in the important info sticky. As long as people are not affiliated financially with a company they can post about them.

I am assuming you don't work or own the company in the link so everything is dandy. More options the better imho.