Sign in to follow this  

lenses for shady forest rides

I'm looking for some lenses that you can still see good in the shadows in, but cut out the glare when im riding through the trees and it gets sunny/shady/sunny/shady real quick. It about makes me have a seizure. I have oakley O frames, scott 83x, and smith FUEL goggles. Any input would be great.

I just bought and will be "testing" yellow lens this spring. Otherwise, I use clear and squint a lot.

Hi guys. As my handle might indicate; I know a little (alot) about your problem. The human eye has the most acute vision in the yellow spectrum of visible light and the least acute vision in the spectrum of blue light. This is why shooters lenses, tennis balls, golf balls, and fog lamps are often some shade of yellow or orange. The green, orange or brown sunlenses have elements of yellow in them to increase the acuity that is slightly diminished with decreasing the the amount of light that reaches the eye. The best lens for the problem you describe is a green, yellow, orange, salmon (vermillion), or brown lens depending on your exact conditions. This choice is also somewhat subjective based on individual preferences and environment. Trial and error in your individual cases will give the best result. The yellow lenses may be too intense in bright light but the others I indicated are quite versatile. I hope this helps. Steve.

"polarized" goggles $$

i like rose lens, sun or shade,rain

Hi guys. As my handle might indicate; I know a little (alot) about your problem. The human eye has the most acute vision in the yellow spectrum of visible light and the least acute vision in the spectrum of blue light. This is why shooters lenses, tennis balls, golf balls, and fog lamps are often some shade of yellow or orange. The green, orange or brown sunlenses have elements of yellow in them to increase the acuity that is slightly diminished with decreasing the the amount of light that reaches the eye. The best lens for the problem you describe is a green, yellow, orange, salmon (vermillion), or brown lens depending on your exact conditions. This choice is also somewhat subjective based on individual preferences and environment. Trial and error in your individual cases will give the best result. The yellow lenses may be too intense in bright light but the others I indicated are quite versatile. I hope this helps. Steve.

Interesting read and my optometrist told me the very same thing... I bought yellow lenses and was very happy, eye's still fatigued but substantially less than with clear lenses... One day I forgot my goggles and borrowed a pair from a mate which happened to be blue lenses - I don't know why but I can ride all day in all light conditions using blue lenses and suffer no eye fatigue...