Sign in to follow this  

how to remove metal debris from motor?

No clue. Maybe someone else knows.

This is on your 1999 TE410?

I haven’t had mine apart yet but are you sure it is made from a ferrous metal

or is it just aluminum. Good luck with a magnet.

I don't know it might be worth a call to George at Uptite on that one.

Telephone (714) 540-2920 His web page is dwn for awhile.

A well-spent Saturday ripping your engine down might save you a lot of grief

later on if that piece gets stuck in a bearing or worse you oil pump gears:thumbsdn:

yea its the 99 410, im in for it on this one im thinking of taking the motor out so i can fill and flush it repeatedly, are baskets made of aluminum? i guess yea. btw no oil pump just a reed valve

That does suck, the basket is aluminium. Did you find any of the missing pieces? I'd fill the crankcase full of tranny fluid and kick it over very slowly and carefully several times with the compression release while leaning it to the left. I'd do this several times and try to keep the bike leaning to the left so any debris will collect near the side cover. Then pull the cover, clutch and oil filter to see if you get the debris out. I wouldn't ride it untill the missing piece(s) is accounted for.

FYI, the '99s were supposed to have an oil pump in addition to the reed valve. Here is the parts catalog for the 2000 TE/TC which should be the same as your '99s engine.

http://www.husqvarnausa.com/PartsPDFs/2000/410-610_CATALOG_2000.pdf

Check out diagram 7, number 78 and 79.

That does suck, the basket is aluminium. Did you find any of the missing pieces? I'd fill the crankcase full of tranny fluid and kick it over very slowly and carefully several times with the compression release while leaning it to the left. I'd do this several times and try to keep the bike leaning to the left so any debris will collect near the side cover. Then pull the cover, clutch and oil filter to see if you get the debris out. I wouldn't ride it untill the missing piece(s) is accounted for.

FYI, the '99s were supposed to have an oil pump in addition to the reed valve. Here is the parts catalog for the 2000 TE/TC which should be the same as your '99s engine.

http://www.husqvarnausa.com/PartsPDFs/2000/410-610_CATALOG_2000.pdf

Check out diagram 7, number 78 and 79.

ok ok, 99 with a 96 motor lol...yea i guess that sounds like a pretty good plan ill have to find some cheap oil to do a few flushes with and go from there, no recovered pieces as of yet