Synergy seal installation order....not enough room!

OK, I am installing a set of the new Synergy Seals on my 2005 KTM200exc. Correct me if I'm wrong, the order goes:

(bottom - toward the pinch bolts / axle)

OEM wiper

circlip

black Synergy ring

red Synergy wiper

Synergy seal

metal support ring

larger bushing

smaller bushing (that snaps onto the end of the inner tube)

When I put all that on, I use my Tusk seal driver to pound the support ring against the larger bushing to seat it. Correct? Then push everything else down and use my driver to push the seal in.

I tried 3 times (installing everything) but didn't have enough room at the end for the circlip or OEM wiper. The black Synergy ring was almost even with the OD of the outer tube = no room left. I had to use the slide hammer technique to take everything back out again.

What the hell is going on here. Am I not getting my inner bushing in all the way? Thats what I am figuring!

Help!

umm........you have a new synergy wiper? then there is no need to re-install the oem one, it shouldn't be there....and you also mention a black synergy ring?? is it like a big o-ring? if so, its to see how much travel you are using, so it would go on first....so, like this:

synergy ring

circlip

synergy wiper

synergy seal

metal ring

outer bushing (larger one)

inner bushing (one that snaps on)

hope this helps!

adam

Wow, do their directions suck! Why wouldn't they explain what the black ring is for? I studied it for a while but fork travel measurement never came to me. If that was not in there, I could've gotten the circlip in there. So I was doing it right...dammit!

Hope I didn't damage my seal taking it in and out.

Big thanks and some gas for you sir!

Wow, do their directions suck! Why wouldn't they explain what the black ring is for? I studied it for a while but fork travel measurement never came to me. If that was not in there, I could've gotten the circlip in there. So I was doing it right...dammit!

Hope I didn't damage my seal taking it in and out.

Big thanks and some gas for you sir!

hold on, my friend- by the diagram above, it looks like it might go inside...better study the pic there and see!

adam

it looks like it goes inside, like you had it by the enlarged pics-it says its a backup ring, and by this pic, the oem wiper would still be required...make sure your seal is installed the right way in, but first make sure your outer bushing is all the way in...you should hear a different tone when driving it in when it is fully seated, and i usually just use half the driver to seat the bushing...you have less chance of it catching and going in unevenly...

I have the same directions. I'm no design major buy I think I could design better directions in Microsoft Paint!

OK, so it is likely that my problem is the larger bushing not seating correctly. I was hammering on it with my seal drive but was afraid to damage it. I did try using half the driver but I figure it's going to catch the support ring because it has a larger surface. That should push the bushing in.

Anyone else have problems with this?

Maybe I was being a bit girly in my taps yesterday. I pounded the crap out of the bushing this morning and I heard it snap in. Peeked in there and sure enough...it's seated. I pushed in the seal, backup rings, circlip and oem washer and everything fit.

Good to go!

Thanks.

Glad to hear it worked out. I will be very interested on how these seals work out for you as well as how long they last? I have read good reviews for the most part.

Maybe I was being a bit girly in my taps yesterday. I pounded the crap out of the bushing this morning and I heard it snap in. Peeked in there and sure enough...it's seated. I pushed in the seal, backup rings, circlip and oem washer and everything fit.

Good to go!

Thanks.

You will be happy with them. I've been using Synergy Seals for a cpl years now.

doc

It is important to look at the lower DU bushing to make sure it is flush with the seal bore surface....just as the pic shows.

Also, make sure you OEM metal ring is flat. It can be bent by slide hammering the forks apart sometimes.

Sorry you have issues with X-sectional view directions, but honestly, this is the best way to produce instructions for this type of application. This one sheet supplies more infromation than 5 pictured sheets.

Plus, there is a contact card that came with you package......you should have called me!

Rob