How can I remove crank seal without damaging??

I have my crank seal pushed in to far and it is blocking the hole that supplys the oil to the crank bearing, its the right side seal and I cant think of a way to remove it without damaging it.

You might be able to pull it with a dental pick. If you damage it, then you'll just have to replace it. It's better than the alternative, which is to do nothing and wait for the ctank bearing to seize.

Can you elaborate>

Well I have made the decision just to order a new one and rip that one out.

Yeah, I didn't even mean to tear mine up, I was just getting my bearings out, and was hoping that seal would stay alright so i could just drop the new bearings in there while the case was still hot, but then I ripped it open, and still can't get it out!

Make a tool. I made this using a large old bolt using a grinder. Get it behind the seal, pulling it out and working your way around the whole seal a bit at a time til its comes free. You can make the thin end that goes behind the seal as thin as you need to get behind the seal, just leave enough for it to be strong enough to not bend it....

sealremoverpz3.th.png

I use lock-jaw pliers. Use one side of them to pry it out.

If you don't care about ruining the seal, you can run a self-tapping screw into the seal, and then grab the screw with locking pliers.

I have my crank seal pushed in to far and it is blocking the hole that supplys the oil to the crank bearing, its the right side seal and I cant think of a way to remove it without damaging it.

You WILL damage the seal when taking it out. So just rip it out and buy a new one. But the key to digging it out is to not put so much as a blemish on the crank surface where the seal lip rides.

If you don't care about ruining the seal, you can run a self-tapping screw into the seal, and then grab the screw with locking pliers.

I've used this method and it works well.