XR600 Left crankcase cover

Anyone know where i can find one in the US? I torked mine today... they seem to be made out of cheese. :ride:

Now i just have to get it off...:thumbsup:

oh, and its a 94.

bmp bump:blah:

I recommend keeping an eye on ebay for one, keeping in mind that it could take a while to find. Alternatively, there are a lot of good parts bikes out there. Keep an eye on ebay or craig's list for those, too. I recently picked up a '91 parts bike for $100. A buddy of mine got one for $350. They both had blown motors, but when you consider that you'll probably pay over $100 for the part you want anyway, sometimes getting a whole bike that doesn't run is a smokin' deal. You get the part you need (hopefully) and then you can part out the rest and make your money back, plus some.

Then again, you can just look for a cheap bike that still runs and either opt to ride it, or salvage parts off of it... here's an example...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-XR-1993-Honda-XR600-Moab-UT-Dirtbike-Air-Cooled_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ50012QQihZ001QQitemZ110244030024QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Good luck!

Did you poke the shifter through it?

If so, I'd recomend also getting the MSR shifter. Stout and does not bend easily like the stock noodle shifter.

Did you poke the shifter through it?

If so, I'd recomend also getting the MSR shifter. Stout and does not bend easily like the stock noodle shifter.

Noodle shifter! :thumbsup: What a fantastic term... I'll have to use that one, if you don't mind. :ride:

well, it is gouged where the noodle kept flopping around. but the drain plug cap thing to get to the crank bolt rounded out, and cant get it out.

well, it is gouged where the noodle kept flopping around. but the drain plug cap thing to get to the crank bolt rounded out, and cant get it out.

You need a quality hex head socket to remove those. Since you will be replacing the plug, maybe try and lightly tap the next size up into the plug.

Also maybe try to heat the case around the plug.