dual colling fans for az desert riding any anyone done it?

I live in the high desert of a.z. looking to run dual cooling fans got a couple of Q's for those who have answers.

1.mounting on fluidyen rads

2.is it worth tracking down:eek: a second oem fan or up grade to two higher cfm fans pros and cons please.

3.will the electrical system still charge with both fans running with low beam on?

4. points I might have missed?please add 2cents good bad or in different.:thumbsup::ride:

The OEM fan is heavy and expensive. And if you have the OEM horn, you'll be hard up to find a place to mount a second OEM fan.

I ditched the fan on my DRZ couple of years ago and haven't missed it. However, if I wanted a fan or fans on there, I would replace the OEM fan with one or two high CFM computer fans. Inexpensive, lightweight and effective.

As for a final 2 cents, unless you're doing a lot of street riding in slow traffic, you don't need any fans at all.

well I now know that I can't use a factory fan dosen't clear timeing chaine portion of head .so now I need to know what cfm the oem fan puts out .what the amperage draw is .so I can match the amp draw with combind fans and get at least 1 1/2 to 2 x the cfm over my rads.:thumbsup:

The OEM fan is heavy and expensive... However, if I wanted a fan or fans on there, I would replace the OEM fan with one or two high CFM computer fans. Inexpensive, lightweight and effective.

What he said... forget stock regardless of price: this thing weights a ton and won't fit right.

Computer high CFM fans are cheaper, lighter and easier to retrofit. AMPs with these should not be a problem.

There was an online store that sold a gazillion variations of computer fans. If I find the URL I will post it.

Edit: these should have pretty much any size/CFM you want:

http://www.coolerguys.com/fans.html#top

http://www.3dcool.com/index.php?cPath=66_73

What he said... forget stock regardless of price: this thing weights a ton and won't fit right.

Computer high CFM fans are cheaper, lighter and easier to retrofit. AMPs with these should not be a problem.

There was an online store that sold a gazillion variations of computer fans. If I find the URL I will post it.

Edit: these should have pretty much any size/CFM you want:

http://www.coolerguys.com/fans.html#top

http://www.3dcool.com/index.php?cPath=66_73

Or your local Frys / newegg.com.

rode all summer with out an issue of overheating in phoenix.

One fan is enough. We ride 100 degree plus temps and havent had issues. Tight trails, sand washes, steep terrain and single track.

guys - on these computer fans - i know the voltage is correct and the amp draw probably very small, but what about being waterproof? I just can't picture these things being able to get wet????? they're made to be in a totally safe computer case environment.

^^^^ I am wondering the same thing

I bet the computer electric motor housing is pretty well sealed. Maybe it wouldn't survive being immersed in water, but rain, etc. should be no problem.

You can always buy some silicone spray and "seal" it up some more.

you guys make a good point about the water proof thing.though if it is wet here its cold out that means my cooling fans arn't needed nor running so it dosen't matter if there water proof to me if there not running they can be deep sixed all day long the denso isint water proof deep sixed it 2 weeks after buying bike and fryed it .hooked it to a switch and ajustable theromsat with over ride if the read light comes on the fan comes on,:thumbsup::ride::rant::lol: flip the switch functions normaly never had the bike actualy reach the point where the red light comes on but thats the way I set it up. that fan would have cost me 140 bucks luckely i'm in good with my local zuk shop he had one lying around :mad::o:D

Instead of adding a second fan, try using Engine Ice (or similar product) first. It might make enuff of a diffrence to make a second fan overkill. :ride::thumbsup:

already have engine ice, its just plain hot here 125+and as dry as silt sand in your pants especily in traffic.but nice suggestion though.:thumbsup:

already have engine ice, its just plain hot here 125+and as dry as silt sand in your pants especily in traffic.but nice suggestion though.:rant:

It is that hot here too and I don't seem to have a major problem.:ride: I guess every bike is a little different thou. I think you will have luck with the computer fans. Sounds like a few guys on here have used them so its been tested and proven to help. Good luck with the issue.:thumbsup: Let us know how it goes!!:lol: