Sign in to follow this  

Went to the dealer today

So i went down to my local dealer to check out a new 08, and the sales person told me that they weren't going to get anymore in because kawasaki ran out of them. Is this bike really that popular? and is it true?

Maybe....when i bought my "07 in december of '06 they said they only had 4 more then.......

ya when i bought my 07 they said they only had 3 left HAHA bs

not tryin to hate on kawi or nething but my 08 has been more trouble then nething... dont get me wrong its my baby and i love it but i honestly wouldnt recommend a 08 kawi to neone... but who knows maybe i just got a bad one or something... just my opinion tho...

Well Ive put 20 hours on my 2008 since march 7'th and have had not one trouble with it. I now have a full FMF factory 4.1 system with the Powerbomb header and it's probably one of the fastest 250F's ive rode. I have also changed the oil every 5 hours since new and cleaned my airfilter atleast every other ride. long story short, I think you got a lemon scottcaster. I would defniatly recomend an 08 kawi 250F. I love mine.

Yep. I bought mine Jan. 2nd of this year, and the sales guys were saying they couldnt keep them on the floor.

Now when I go back to the dealer, I see a new one being rolled out just about everytime.

I just bought an 08 250f about 2 weeks agoand the dealrship i bought it from had to drive 3 hours to another dealrship to get mine

the sales guys told me that was the third one they had to pick up that week and they just have to keep driving further and further to get them

So i went down to my local dealer to check out a new 08, and the sales person told me that they weren't going to get anymore in because kawasaki ran out of them. Is this bike really that popular? and is it true?

rode a rmz the other day and my kawi will never handle as good as that bike! unbelievable in corners and in the air.....i would get one over another kawi for sure

Yeah untill all your bolts rattle lose and you get tired of it going flat on top.:thumbsup:

kx's rattle loose just as easily if not more....pipe, loctite,jetting for under 500.00.........how much $ to get the kx chassis to handle like an rmz Einstein?.....can't be done for any amount:prof:

Please explain "pipe, jetting,locktite?And the suspension is fixable for about 5-600.00 if your all world pro and know the differance.I'd rather have a minor suspension issue that most don't have an issue with than a flat bike.By the way we mighta lost a seat bolt once because I forgot to tighten it. Perrywinkle:p

Please explain "pipe, jetting,locktite?And the suspension is fixable for about 5-600.00 if your all world pro and know the differance.I'd rather have a minor suspension issue that most don't have an issue with than a flat bike.By the way we mighta lost a seat bolt once because I forgot to tighten it. Perrywinkle:p
not that brite are we einstein, chassis and susp are different.......so you have the kind of corner speed and momentum to keep a mid-top bike in the powerband around an mx track?...your A level? ...i am thinkin prolly not!.....

Perrywinkle,

No I'm not any class of rider. Are you A ? You are correct about frame ridigty and suspension but you can cure most of the minor flaws with suspension set ups & tires.Yes the rmz is the best handiling bike,your right but the thread was not about rmz's they guy was looking for a KXF so no one cares..

I would not trade power for a flat rmz is all I was saying not to mention the cheap build.That's my opinion and I know you don't like it but thats what it is.

You know what kills me about guy's like you is someone voices their opinion (Yours) I give mine and then they want to start calling names and attacking personal riding levels.

By the way, ansewer the previous question about locktite,pipe & jetting.

Haha I lost a seat bolt too! Whats even funnier, is my brother lost his the same weekend on his RM250. :thumbsup:

not that brite are we einstein, chassis and susp are different.......so you have the kind of corner speed and momentum to keep a mid-top bike in the powerband around an mx track?...your A level? ...i am thinkin prolly not!.....

WOW your 39 and you still don't know how to spell. Sorry but you sound like you are 15.

How about we help answer the question and not get into a pi$$ing match.

• Like 1

WOW your 39 and you still don't know how to spell. Sorry but you sound like you are 15.

How about we help answer the question and not get into a pi$$ing match.

Perrywinkle,

No I'm not any class of rider. Are you A ? You are correct about frame ridigty and suspension but you can cure most of the minor flaws with suspension set ups & tires.Yes the rmz is the best handiling bike,your right but the thread was not about rmz's they guy was looking for a KXF so no one cares..

I would not trade power for a flat rmz is all I was saying not to mention the cheap build.That's my opinion and I know you don't like it but thats what it is.

You know what kills me about guy's like you is someone voices their opinion (Yours) I give mine and then they want to start calling names and attacking personal riding levels.

no, you make a comment with a :thumbsup: like your a teacher...its not what you say its how you say it!....that rmz was one impressive handling bike and if he cant find a kawi there are other options....your right he is looking for a kawi and it should be kept at that ...........spelled that word on purpose tikiman.

Perrywinkle,

no, you make a comment with a :thumbsup: like your a teacher...its not what you say its how you say it!....that rmz was one impressive handling bike and if he cant find a kawi there are other options....your right he is looking for a kawi and it should be kept at that ...........spelled that word on purpose tikiman.

Ok, You three!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets start here.. TWS, his loctite, pipe & jetting @ 500 dollars. Means He can solve the bolts coming loose on the rmz with loctite. He can suposedly solve the flat top end with a pipe and jetting.. This is all for under 500 dollars.. He then asks how much would it cost to get the kxf to handle like the rmz..

My addition to this.. You're gonna need head porting cams and probably a diffrent igntion along with the pipe and jetting to get it like the kxf. Thats alot more then 500 dollarss..

The kx neeeds revalved suspension. Yeah Well everyone no matter what bike should have this done.. So lets leave that out..

You need linkage and 22mm clamps. so 70 dollars for a used kx450f linkage and 400 dollars for clamps.. Soo 500 dollars..

Next. The einstien comments.. You can argue your points with out calling names. for being 39 you sound like backwards ass idiot. Sorry but thats the truth.

as far as someones riding ability. That has nothing to do with anything. We are all in this sport to have fun not realy for who is better then whom.

This White stalion.. You should know better then to argue with someone like this.. Allthough the :ride: did make you sound somewhat like a smart ass.. Hahaha

None the less, we should all just relax. Each person is entitled to thier opinion just no one here is entitled to make fun of or act like an ass toward someone elses opinion. How ever comic reliev is needed sometimes..

By the way did I mention I would ride a husky before I bought a hownduh