Sign in to follow this  

1984 XL350R Cam swap?????

ok ive got a '84 honda XL350R and i was wonderin how i can hot rod this thig out. the stock muffler has already been gutted except for the spark arrestor of course. but will an '84 XR350 cam work in this bike or will it help it out at all. or can i get an after market cam or pipe for this bike? any info would be very much apprieciated. oh its my dads bike not mine so dont hold back give all the mods you guys know of. Thanks in advance.

Xrsonly said they had a cam or maybe you send them your cam and they modify it for your try web cam too. The timing chain should be looked at too I have one with 3600 miles on it and i have to replace it.

Do you have a temp gun you can give me a reading on the head and cylinder?

Xrsonly said they had a cam or maybe you send them your cam and they modify it for your try web cam too. The timing chain should be looked at too I have one with 3600 miles on it and i have to replace it.

Do you have a temp gun you can give me a reading on the head and cylinder?

ok thanks ill lok at XRonly and see, as for a temp do i need to let the bike idle to warm up or should i ride it around awhile?

yeah let the thing warm up and ride it around for 15 minutes then take the temp of the cylinder on the left side and shoot the head too I just want an idea of your temps as to compare with mine