Sign in to follow this  

2008 Delaware Enduro Pre-Entries posted!

DER posted the Pre-Entry name/row drawing results tonite along with the route sheet "confirmation"

You can go see here

http://www.delawareenduroriders.com/

Finally some love! Row 16! So far, weather forecast looks to be good! 107 ground miles.......

I am planning on riding that next weekend. Any advice? Judging by the pictures it's mostly sand. Is there much mud? I see they cut off at 500 riders...since we're not pre-registered will we (4 of us) have a problem getting in? It looks like there are 229 registered so far.

It is alot of sand and there WILL BE MUD. The issue with Delaware is how much mud? So far, the rain this year hasn't been too extreme so shouldn't be too muddy. They are always really tricky with the check placement, so staying on schedule is key (always is though huh!). They are classic for tricky checks to catch you, so be careful after resets where you'll get on sched then as soon as possible come up, BAM, they're there are!

If you are riding C classes or BSSR, Master or Dual Sport, you wil NOT HAVE TO RIDE THE SLUICE! That is a muddy mess! If you notice at the start of loop 2, the speed average drops to 6, that's the sluice area.

I think since only 229 of us pre-registered, you shouldn't have a problem, but I bet they will get close to 500 by Sunday morning. It's not too late to send in your stuff if you want to be sure..........

Delaware is a great race if it has not been raining a bunch. A little rain, no worries.

DER posted the Pre-Entry name/row drawing results tonite along with the route sheet "confirmation"

You can go see here

http://www.delawareenduroriders.com/

Finally some love! Row 16! So far, weather forecast looks to be good! 107 ground miles.......

i dont see the lineup any where on that link you posted. am i missing something ???

Yep----------look at the top of the page

Under the Pre-Entry links

Delaware State Enduro

April 27, 2008

For 2008, the Delaware State Enduro will be held in April. Most will remember that the 2007 enduro was scheduled for April, but had to be postponed due to the worst rain Delaware had seen in at least 100 years. We trust that the same weather will not be the case this year and the Delaware State Enduro will provide some of the best riding you can get. Thanks to the US Army Corps of Engineers and Delaware Fish & Wildlife, we will again be returning to the C&D Canal course with the fabulous phragmitis trails and the (almost) world famous "sluice". There will be trail cut-offs for Dual Sport, Golden Masters, Women, and "C" classes, so the course will be appropriate for all levels of riders. As usual, excellent food will be served by the women of the Delaware City Firehall. This is an event not to be missed.

Event Flyer......

Pre-Entries:

By Name...

By Class...

By Row...

Rider Confirmation Sheet...

Row 5 for me!

What happened at Stumpjumper, when you were 'leaving' the gas??

When I was part of the way through the second tight section, I noticed that my bike was smoking badly. Clutch side crank seal went bad. Then when I was 3/4 through the fast section after the splash and go, I got a flat. I decided to hang it up and spare the bike any more damage. Lissa's crank seal went also but she finished and ended up 2nd in B250! Her bike hardly had any oil left in it! Now I have to split the cases on both bikes to replace the seals.:thumbsup: Ill ride the DRZ at De. and she will hopefully ride her bike. She does have a back up 03 KX if we need to press it into service. We've been having clutch side crank seal issues with both of our 04s, 2nd set in mine and 3rd in hers. Never had a problem with the 03s, same bottom end and seals.

I'll be on row 3, it'll be my first Delaware! Can't wait..

Does anyone have GPS co-oridnates to the start/parking?

I'll be on row 3, it'll be my first Delaware! Can't wait..

Does anyone have GPS co-oridnates to the start/parking?

No but there will be signs at the Route 72/US 1 and 13 intersection to guide you to the place in Delaware City. It is at the Gov Bacon Health Center in Delaware City, Fire Hall on the right as you enter town.

The most entertaining would be to watch the A' and B's ride down the sluice. Exactly where, not sure, but normally you can go to the sign up location and they can tell you where spectators can go watch from. There isn't alot since it is an Enduro, but the sluice should be interesting!

the sluice is at near the marina by the summit bridge if im not mistaking?

As an AMA member only, do you know how much it will cost? Do I need to join the racing circuit that puts it on? I'm new to the Enduro/HS world....can you tell?

I have camped at LUMS before and have gone down to the Summit Marina. I can just head down that way and see what I find. What time do the riders usually come through that area?

What did you guys think? I know I need to cut my bars a little narrower, that's for sure! In my opinion, it was a great mix of the Phragmitis twisties, really, really tight woods, and some open roads to cool off (even though it was only 57* when we got back to the truck). I can't get over how well they were able to incorporate the nasty hills. I expected Delaware to be flat (I'm used to Hancock, NY), but they found some great short and steep hills! I also couldn't get over the number of people they had out on the trails to help in the nasty places...and I'd like to point out that I didn't need their help once! They really kept you on your feet as you couldn't see around the corners at all so you had no idea how sharp of a turn it was or what was hiding on the other side. It was definately tough, but I had a GREAT time!

Hats off to DER!

Yep, it was a good race. Nice mix of terrain and very loamy. Lot's of hook up.

I was surprised at how cool it was. Hopefully Pine Hill will be warm and sunny next weekend, but it looks like rain.