Things to see and do in Phoenix

I'm taking a last minute trip to Phoenix this week to attend an Aging Aircraft conference. Myself and a couple of co-workers will be in town Tuesday thru Thursday, heading home to Cali Thursday evening. We will have a couple of hours to kill in the evenings. Are there any "Must See" places or "Must Try" restaurants to make the trip a bit more memorable?

Thanks in advance for any info.

If you cant spend a few days riding some of the best terrain in the country, at the peak of our riding season, you may as well just go here:

You guys crack me up. What about 4 Peaks Brewery? I think that's the kind of thing he's looking for.

im from cali and have lived here 3 year the night life here does not compare to cali.but we have some sweet desert to ride in :rant: how about cabelas or maybe bass pro shop or just the local ktm shop :thumbsup::ride:

Phoenix, Scottsdale, the whole damn Valley is boring as hell. Except for the desert and riding.

If I couldn't ride, I'd move in a flash.

You guys crack me up. What about 4 Peaks Brewery? I think that's the kind of thing he's looking for.

i 2nd 4 peaks brewery

Ha! And I thought I was just being negative. So I Googled "tourist attractions" phoenix az and clicked on the Yahoo! Travel link that came up, and look what it says! :thumbsup:

Things to do = No results

It's official. There is NOTHING TO DO in Phoenix!

Here are the Google Maps results for "tourist attractions" in Phoenix:,+AZ&fb=1&view=text&sa=X&oi=local_group&resnum=1&ct=more-results&cd=1

The first result is for the Arizona Science Center. And the first "review" reads as follows:

DON'T GO!!!! Those giving more than 3 stars haven't been to any other museum, or even a mediocre workshop in a neighbor's garage. This museum doesn't come close to the Chicago museum of science and industry or Cranbrook. It cost $65 for 90 minutes of museum (2 adults, 3 children), including the dinosaur "exhibit" (actually a collection of robots in a room). We visited EVERY exhibit in our 90 minutes there, even hanging around more than necessary just to try to get our money's worth. If we hadn't spent the extra $4/person on the dinosaur animatrons we would have seen everything in the museum in an hour. Many of the hands-on exhibits were clearly dated and some didn't work. I do not recommend this museum. You can get much more from a day at any public library or visit to a university, which will set you back a lot less. How lame is this place? One exhibit was Google Earth on a computer (if you are viewing this review, then you can do the same without paying $65). Another was a box of carpenter's tools epoxied in place. Lame. For $65 you can go buy a box of tools and actually use them.

The second review provides a slightly different perspective:

“Extremely Lame”

Arizona Science Center

Feb 18, 2008

I've been to a number of science centers and science musuems and this was one of the worst. Although the museum is four floors there are very few exhibits on each floor. None of interactive exhibits are very interesting for kids or adults. They have a new dinosaur exhibit, with animatronic models, but they look cheap and poorly made, and barely move. Overall a waste of time and money.

Guess you should skip the Science Center.

Oh my god. Suddenly I'm very depressed.

Why do I live here?

We have no night life or atractions because we can ride all the time. :thumbsup:

I vote for a "rainbow Ride" to LEGIRLS!!!!! Change fur a 20 please!

After an all day plane ride to Warner Robins today, this is what I needed for a laugh...noodee bars and a crappy science museum...along with some really good riding...4 peaks brewery it is!

If it weren't for the day trip to middle Ga (I fly to Az tomorrow on a red eye), I would have gladly thrown the mighty 444 into the big-ass power stroke and billed the company for gas and mileage from pompton to Phoenix, then taken a day or two at the end of the trip to enjoy the riding in the area...oh well, maybe next time!

Thanks, all, for the responses!

hmmmm....I don't have time to do everything that I want to here in Az:excuseme:

that is ,AFTER a day of riding

If you cant spend a few days riding some of the best terrain in the country, at the peak of our riding season, you may as well just go here:

Sweet I get 1/2 off cover, w00t!
i 2nd 4 peaks brewery

I 3rd that. Them boys can make some real goooood beers. I do miss four peaks brew. one told me about Margaritaville! We went out to Cabella's, then over to Westgate to see what we could find for chow...there, bigger than shit, was Margartaville. As a true Parrothead, I forced my coworkers to stop for a cheeseburger and a Landshark...the rest is history. And no, the lights aren't my fault (though I have been responsible for similar occurances in the Mojave desert)

Four peaks brewery is a must