Sign in to follow this  

Danica Patrick wins!

She is the first female to win a major autoracing series event! I am a HUGE fan of IndyCar Series racing. This year, ICS and Champcar merged. It is now one series and this is the beginning of something new!

If you would like to watch the race, it will be replayed today (sunday) at 11:30 am est on ESPN2.

NEWS FLASH: NASCAR and the France family just crapped their pants because IndyCar Series is here and they are here to stay!

Now it's off to Kansas Speedway next weekend! I hope I can see Danica win a race in person!

Here is a video of the last couple laps. (sorry it's not in English. The race was in Japan)

http://www.indy500.com/video/index.php?watch=960

Good for her!

I've been rooting for Danick ever since she made the scene.

I'm sure there will be more wins in her future.

Tim

It's always cool when a woman makes history. Unfortunately, the critics will always find some way to knock her down. They're not taking her win too seriously. Most of the Champ drivers are at Long Beach Grand Prix. So she really didn't have much competition.

I say, who cares. A Win is Win, no matter who's there. :thumbsup:

WHOOOOHOOOOOO!!! I always did like her, she rocks

Same here! I am super excited to be able to see her race this weekend at Kansas Speedway! I say two in a row! :thumbsup:

It's always cool when a woman makes history. Unfortunately, the critics will always find some way to knock her down. They're not taking her win too seriously. Most of the Champ drivers are at Long Beach Grand Prix. So she really didn't have much competition.

I say, who cares. A Win is Win, no matter who's there. :thumbsup:

TRUE DAT!

There has never been any doubt that Danika Patrick had the skills to win.

It was only a matter of time. It's ok for women to celebrate for other womens accomplishments but, Indy car has absolutely nothing to do with off road motorcycles or their racing. I find this thread out of place here.........

Aren't there other things to write about?

STS.

It was only a matter of time. It's ok for women to celebrate for other womens accomplishments but, Indy car has absolutely nothing to do with off road motorcycles or their racing. I find this thread out of place here.........

STS.

I'm sure the moderators will be thrilled to hear your input on what is the proper topic to discuss in this forum.

There are PLENTY of other things to write about. Perhaps you'd like to contribute to the tampon or PMS threads we've had in the past? :thumbsup:

STS.

I don't recall ever seeing a rule that states you can only post topics about motorcycles on the thumpette forum...?

Sorry. Maybe I am just a little too excited but I'm happy for the chica!:thumbsup:

Perhaps you'd like to contribute to the tampon or PMS threads we've had in the past? :thumbsup:

Fire - Are you promoting your Firecracker tampons again? Naughty girl, you just can't get enuf attention eh? :ride: We all luv our Firecracker! :rant::lol:

It's ok for women to celebrate for other womens accomplishments but, Indy car has absolutely nothing to do with off road motorcycles or their racing. I find this thread out of place here.........

STS.

I disagree. The post has a common thread in the battle that women face in the majority of male-dominated fields. Dirtbike riding is one of those fields. For me, her win brought up a lot of emotions that were down deep. I'm not even an Indy/NASCAR fan, but I can tell you that Danica's win has been VERY SYMBOLIC for me. I have battled and battled in male dominated fields at work for the past twenty years and just recently started getting in some "wins". Danica's win is worthy of discussion.

Waaaaay emotional! I literally cried!!! It means A LOT!

And if I die and come back again a girl, I want to race Indy cars or DB's!

This is a BIG DEAL!

And it happened the same weekend as the ALL GIRLS moto weekend. I will never forget that either!

Women and their passion for Motorsports in general is fiiting, far more then tampon discussions. Besides...how fitting is it that you a "dude" are reading it?

I say, who cares. A Win is Win, no matter who's there. :ride:

Awesome for Danica!

I remember a couple years ago some of the other driver/teams were giving her a hard time. They said she had an unfair advantage because she weighed so much less then the other drivers. How silly. If she were a small male driver, they probably wouldn't have said anything. Here's an idea, put your larda$$ on a diet & shut the $%^& up!:thumbsup::rant:

What about Ricky Carmichael? isn't he racing Nascar now? wonder if he has an unfair advantage too?

Or hell, did Pastrana have an advantage when he went over to racing rally? because for most of us, having absolutely no natural fear of pain or death would be a HUGE advantage. I'd be a kickass rider if I didn't care about getting hurt!

Awesome for Danica!

I remember a couple years ago some of the other driver/teams were giving her a hard time. They said she had an unfair advantage because she weighed so much less then the other drivers. How silly. If she were a small male driver, they probably wouldn't have said anything. Here's an idea, put your larda$$ on a diet & shut the $%^& up!:thumbsup::rant:

Ahaha!

But the thing about getting her first win this year is that they now have a new rule where they weigh the car and the driver. Some people refer to it as the Danica rule and others refer to it as the Tony Stewart rule (Tony used to race in the IndyCar Series). So, Danica no longer has an "unfair weight advantage". That is one less thing people who don't like Danica can complain about.:ride:

Fire - Are you promoting your Firecracker tampons again? Naughty girl, you just can't get enuf attention eh? :thumbsup: We all luv our Firecracker! :mad::o

Sorry - "Firecracker tampons" crack me up!:ride::rant::lol:

ah......tampons have strings - firecrackers have fuses... both cause blowups...

never mind, finishing my beer and going to bed...carry on!

p.s. don't tell DRZCat I posted this - it's day #1 for her.:D