08' TTR 230 Perfromance questions

Just bought the wife the 230. Her girfriends have the Honda's. What can i do to this bike to piss off her honda friends in the performance dept. I already ordered a header and pipe. Is there any other inexpensive tricks. I would have bought the 250 but it was too tall for her and i don't want to purchase the big bore kit. Help!!!! thankx. ?

Since I have the 250 instead of the 230, I'm guessing you could do the airbox mod and you should order new jets (I don't know what sizes) if you're gonna get a new header and exhaust pipe.

A few mods are available for the ttr. Things such as larger pilot and main jets, which part numbers are in the sticky in the ttr section, drilling of the brass cap located on the front underside of the carb, providing access to the mixture screw, removal of the airbox snorkel(which should be done in conjunction with jetting, and exhaust modification), and the fourteen tooth sprocket. If you have any further questions, please feel free to pm me. Happy riding!

Try to use a nice cam as i did,a nice exhaust system as i do(I use D.R.D. and i just love it),use nikasyl in your cilynder,and another performances would work ;D

That's all.Ahh a race tech valve in front suspension.

And sorry for my english ;p

Try getting a new Air filter.Especially a K&N. I'm trying to find one for my 06' TTR-230.Please PM me if u get any results. Also, try lessening the weight with an over expensive billet aluminum gas tank cap and oil drain cap :ride: . There really isn't much for this bike in the aftermarket department, but there are some things u can do. Also, re-jet the carb.That should give u some juice too.?

Trying to get a cam like Pro Circuit,Tokyo or Hotcams.

But i dont find any,and i dont have how to call for them cuz i am from brazil ;x...

Just bougth a new CDI programable.It work's fine!

And i also have a good pipe like a D.R.D. atleast everyone told this one is the best for this kind of bike.And ofcourse i re-jetted it when i installed the new pipe.Hope someone can help me with the cams.

;D

Ty

• 2 weeks later...