Sign in to follow this  

2008 CRF250X or 2008 WR250F

hey just to start, you guys are great on here on tt!!

ive already posted this on which bike to buy and only got three comments----im really anxious to buy one of these bikes----....ive read alot about both....some say just pick a color b/c the bikes are so close....some say go red because there isnt any mods required to get the full performance unlike blue....some talk about a valve problem with the unicam----is this a rumor???? if so is it fixed???---some argue in defence, "blue has nothing bad to say about their valves except about how expensive they are"---i want handling and low end torque---i love goat trails to jeep trails and never ridden mx or sand however im moving to new mex next yr

thanks i really do appreciate it thumpers

-moolz86

Well I was told to pick a color last summer and I picked red because the dyno charts in dirtrider or some other magazine showed a tad more HP for red. I didnt think about the powerband cuz I was such a newb. Ive only had to get the valves adjusted once and that was right after break in so I didnt care too much. I havent had valve problems since. The horrible valve problems are supposed to be like a 1 in 1000 thing, so I wouldnt look at that because it caan be fixed by a machinist. Overall Im proud to ride red!

I personally looked at the cost of replacement parts, who is cheaper? which dealer is closest to you, and what do your friends ride. I ride red and can't see ever changing but you never know.

Funny thing is all my friends ride Yamaha, the Honda dealers is farther than Yamaha, but the parts are cheaper, guess I wanted to be different.

I have a mechanic that works for MDK, and he tells me even though he is given free Yamaha's that you just can't beat Honda. Read all the reviews and most if not all will tell you that Honda is the best by far. Oh ya have you ever seen blue plastics after they get haggered, not good.:thumbsup:

Noticing your a new member so just to let you know if you click on the upper right not all the way up top there is a link called "Search this Forum" if you type in WR or X vs WR you'll find about 1 day of reading.Yes I see you asked about the 08's and theres been some small changes but you'll probably get more info quicker that way then guy's are gonna post on a dead beaten thread. In the end they are both great bikes,pick one.:thumbsup:

Both bikes get great reviews. The red one got the fastest times with a beginer to intermediate skill level riderin the last comparison I read, not the outright fastest mind you. I have always thought the Hondas had better fit and finish. I love my Hondas all four of them and many others in the past. I dont think you can go wrong with either of them. Since I have a biased opinion I think you should buy the Honda.

you guys are great thanks for the info-----see the thing is im alil bias----i own a 05 crf 250r and its just not right for me for the woods-----i did alot of xc and lots of skinny trails zig zaging up the side of mtns when i lived back in pa-----ive only been riding for a couple years but i took to it better than other things i try to learn---i had alot of trouble stalling out on the side of steep long hills----so i would kick and kick until by pal would say"man just go back down to the bottom" so i did and eventually made it up----what im getting at is why im looking for an electric start-----i just want to make the right choice b/c 7k is expensive for a bike that keeps breaking but right on for a bike that keeps running

---thanks agian

moolz86

On the base of motor/suspension/frame features the italian reviews wrote that for tight trail, is better the CRF250X for hi rev/speed better the WR250F

like i said im a newb and i already have a 05crf250r----i plan to keep this for the track if i ever start going-----but ive decided to go blue----my first bike was a 91 yz 125----and i bought it in 06-----it ran like a bat out of hell-----and its still running out there somewhere in dirt bike heaven------now that i have a newer honda-----its time to pay homage to old blue and get a newer yami

you never kno if u dont try it out----so i am----if i dont like it ill post and get a crfx-----if i like it ,i will burn the dirt up and still give credit to red as well as blue----