Aprilia Dorsoduro 750!!

Has anyone seen this bike as yet? It is expected to be released this month. It looks like the ultimate street weapon, and definitely competition for the ducati hypermotard. does anyone have any idea what the price will be on oen of these in the US? Here is a link to an article below:

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/21november07_aprilia_smv750dorsoduro.htm

• 3 months later...
Has anyone seen this bike as yet? It is expected to be released this month. It looks like the ultimate street weapon, and definitely competition for the ducati hypermotard. does anyone have any idea what the price will be on oen of these in the US? Here is a link to an article below:

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/21november07_aprilia_smv750dorsoduro.htm

First pricing I saw in Motorcyclist or CW was $14K which I though was over the moon as the Shiver which is similar is only $9K. But later reports have said in the $10K range as it has some upgrades from the Shiver. And, if they price it much higher it will be in the Tuono range.

I've sat on the Shiver and it is a nice bike for the money. I don't think it will have the bottom end steam of the Hypermotard but it should be a match just about everywhere else.

Wuff

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

it is nothing like your 450.... it is a standard with sm styling ..cool looking yes ....but if you like the fact you can toss your 450 around ...you wont like the 750.... anything over 300 lbs is no longer a supermoto bike... even my sxv is notably heavier than my buddies husky 450 or 510 the aprillia sxv is 304 full of fuel and the huskies are @ 280 ready to ride

• 4 months later...

I LOVE the looks of the Dorsoduro. Beautiful narrow twin and 750 is a good size. If I were going ot buy a new street bike that would be the one. But, like the previous post says -- it's not a SuperMoto. All real race Supermotos are based on dirt bikes. They have to be to be so light and powerfull and handle the dirt section of the track.

it is nothing like your 450.... it is a standard with sm styling ..cool looking yes ....but if you like the fact you can toss your 450 around ...you wont like the 750.... anything over 300 lbs is no longer a supermoto bike... even my sxv is notably heavier than my buddies husky 450 or 510 the aprillia sxv is 304 full of fuel and the huskies are @ 280 ready to ride

I've been spending alot of time on Hyper's getting ready for a film I'm working on. With a slipper clutch I can ride the wheels off it just as is I was on my race 450. Don't forget the old saying "80 percent rider 20 percent bike". :busted: