CLEVELAND OHIO area riders!

I am looking for a public or private place to ride in the Cleveland area and someone to ride with, if possible. I would be willing to fork over a trail fee if on private land. I'm 46 yrs old, ride an XR400, and I'm intermediate in skill. Nothing crazy, just good trail riding is what I need CLOSER than driving 2 hrs to public or pay sites. Anybody in Cleveland wanna ride? Or at least let ME ride? PM me with the details!?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a dual sported wr426 and I ride all over Cleveland, mostly off road. I consider my downtown riding areas some of the funnest places to ride. If you are skeerd of a little lights out nitetime riding(the city is bright at night)....you might be freaked out, but if you can see pretty good and ride pretty good you would have a blast riding w/me....i am the night rider....

I'm in the Cleveland area. I've been riding a 5 mile loop in some nearby woods for a few years. Things can get boring, but it's nice always having it there. People also ride ATV's, Jeeps, and hike back there so it's not a "secret" area. Other than that, I go to by buddy's farm in the Canton area and ride the open fields there.

Lance, what city is the 5 mile loop in? sounds interesting.

It's in Parma. I believe it's land owned by the city water company. There are some no trespassing signs, but only around the actual water plant and no where in the trails. I've been riding there quite often for the past 5 years and never had the cops called on me. Granted I don't own loud bikes, so maybe that has something to do with it. Also, I ride smart. When I see houses or people hiking I don't fly by them. I slow down to under 5 MPH and quietly cruise by giving them a friendly nod. I owned a 125 2 stroke for a summer and rode it through the trails. When a friend told me he could here me a few miles away, I decided not to ride with that bike there anymore. The last thing I want, or anyone wants, are trails being closed or the cops getting involved because of a noise complaint. It was a fun bike, but just didn't seem worth the trouble. It just seems silly to me...

There are certainly a lot of places you can't ride anymore. Brookside Park, etc... My favorite place to ride as a kid is now better known as I-480.

Along the south side of I-71 on the Brooklyn/Linndale border there's a half-mile stretch that's owned by the Sewer District and has an asphalt access road. If I had to guess I'd say it's 250-300 acres with some pretty good hill climbs. Stay out of the area on weekdays during business hours. The sewer guys are mostly cool but a few will call the cops if they see you back there.

There's about 150 acres of woods just south of American Greetings but it's pretty flat, muddy, and tough to get to unless you live nearby (I do).

Then there's the old Republic Steel site in the flats that wobblyknobby may be referring to. It's a fun place - about 80 acres, but kind of dangerous in spots with exposed rebar sticking out of the rubble...

I'm currently bikeless for the next couple of months or I would volunteer to show you guys these areas myself.

Thanks for the info Lance, I was thinking of going there.

You are right Goggles, that spot is part of my loop. Good Call.

I have some routes that I take all over the city with cut thru spots that always put a smile on my face :eek:

I am 100% down with riding with u guys.

Someone mentioned having a quiet bike. I think it is the 2nd best countermeasure to getting hasseled. You should hear how quiet my wr is after I pack some choreboy in the muffler ?

I also have a KLX300 d/s that is so quiet, the knobbies make more noise than the motor.

You fellas can feel free to pm me so we can exchange numbers and hopefully get together to ride.

After dark is best for some of the places in Cleveland but there is some cool day spots too.

Hey guys,

I originally posted this thread and sounds like we got a few people interested in checking out some local spots. I'm game, and would like to do it! But, I won't if there's a good chance of the law showing up. I'm not into the tickets an possible impounding of my bike, you know? My XR400 has a FMF Powercore that has a bark to it. Not real loud, but definately not quiet either. So, if we keep it cool, then the guys that know where these are at should speak up and take us guys who don't for a ride. I live in Brunswick, so it sounds like everyone is within a half hour of each other.

hey guys,

I live in cleveland also and would be interested in a ride. I have a klr560 and a plated 250x. Not may places up this way. I use to be able to ride at 480 and grayton rd. behind the office building, but CPD started asking everyone to leave and now they fenced the area off. People started dumping construction material and racing on the side street. I try and hit a dual sport event in ohio once a month and or perry.

has anyone rode crow canyon? it is a shorter drive than to perry but I don't know anyone who has ridden it.

I think we all can agree that having a quiet bike is key. My XR250R with stock exhaust can get loud in the higher RPM's, but in general it is quiet. With the spark arrester out...that's a different story haha. I feel the important thing is keeping the bike quiet when you see houses, cars, people, etc.

It's great to here about all of these local riding areas. It would be cool to walk some of these trails and really scope it out as a group.

However, I will be honest, I'm hesitant because I'm sure we all can admit that we sometimes get caught up in the moment and will rev the bike too loud or fly down a trail that is 500 feet within someone's house or whatever and before we know it cops are walking through the woods looking for bikes. Or am I alone on this thought?