xr100 modifications

Works shock, cradle, pegs, bars, chain guide, front springs with heavier oil, BBK with cam, carb, and pipe, real tires, etc.

Can you use standard (Renthal) bars with the stock triple clamps?

I have read so many different ways to mod the air box and pipe. Whats the best way? Any links to stock pipe mod or air box/air filter mods?

Thanks.

yes the standard renthals will match right up to the stock triples. i just put the stock renthals off of my 08 crf 250r on my 03 xr 100r. it was very easy! and i have the procircut t4 full exhaust on my xr too. i think it freed it up pretty good and it wasn't that expensive either...

they fit, but they're 3 inches lower.....

Do they make bars that are the same height but not so much of a sweep. Almost straight across? Or would you have to get triple clamps that have risers? Other than BBR who makes triple clamps for this bike? Thanks.

I put BBR springs in front and rear and the bike handles so much better.

Bought FMF Powercore 4 full exhaust.

Took 1" hole saw and put four holes in top of air box.

Bought a 46 tooth rear sprocket. Now that thing will fly and pulls my 200# rear up the hills. I bought for my daughter and added some pep to the bike for her and makes a nice pit bike for me! :eek:

Does anybody know what size the stock carburator is? I would like to upgrade.

I put BBR springs in front and rear and the bike handles so much better.

Bought FMF Powercore 4 full exhaust.

Took 1" hole saw and put four holes in top of air box.

Bought a 46 tooth rear sprocket. Now that thing will fly and pulls my 200# rear up the hills. I bought for my daughter and added some pep to the bike for her and makes a nice pit bike for me! :eek:

Does anybody know what size the stock carburator is? I would like to upgrade.

I believe it is a 22mm carb.

• 2 weeks later...

At the top of my list would be:

Tall seat, tall T-clamps and bars, heavy fork and shock springs, exhaust, chain guide (I prefer to weld bracketry on the swing arm to adapt a real chain guide from an MX bike), easy clutch on front brake (makes it stop 100% better and is only a $40.00 investment).

Can you use standard (Renthal) bars with the stock triple clamps?

I have read so many different ways to mod the air box and pipe. Whats the best way? Any links to stock pipe mod or air box/air filter mods?

Thanks.

I used "mini highs" on my old stocker 100, and tag "mini plays" on my old 80. For the air box, I cut the top out and also use the 1" air box air hole things. Also get a different filter. For the pipe, everyone has a different opinion.