Check out this NJ Tree Hugger Photo contest

I think they want to lump 4x4s, quads, and dirt bikes in one category. If they can get the forests/woods closed to all motorized vehicles, they will.

Not to bum you out.... but in the eyes of anyone that doesn't ride.....

They are all one category!

Once you except it, you'll have a better understanding of how it all works and how we can all work together to find a solution to our problems.

Dale

imo the solution to our problems is distancing ourselves from quad and rhino riders..imo dirtbikers should be working against the quad riders if we want to have any good trails. ive been riding nearly all my life and the trails around here have really gone to crap in recent years with the popularity of 4-wheelers. can you tell i hate quads and 98% of the people that ride them? ?

and what will distancing ourselves from those stupid quad going to do?

Do you think they are going to allow dirtbikes and not quads?

Come on.That is not going to happen

And if we are going to have riding parks. Quads are going to be allowed. Why? There are lots of them.And their money is green just like ours

There are more quad riders than bike riders. Strength in numbers. We have to get those morons to act more responsible

At my MX track the quad riders are a generally good group, they are at the front of the line on noise control for us while 99% of our bike guys are fighting it tooth & nail. (bike rider btw/club member @ Waldenmx).

here is what I emailed them,

To whom it may concern,

Rather than doing something constructive with trail access, such as working with OHV (off highway vehicle) groups such as NJOHVA you have a photo contest. When will the enviromentalists get it. We have to work together and have designated OHV trails so there is less or no damage to non designated areas. Im sure if it were up to a large percentage of the environmentalists you would have us and our OHV's eradicated off the planet, but its not going to happen, so rather than going with that course of action go with my suggestion. Give the ohv crowd designated trails to lessen damage to our pristine landscapes. I for one love to be out enjoying the Pine Barrens in a legal manner. Please reconsider your course of action because OHV's are not going to just disappear.

here is what I emailed them,

To whom it may concern,

Rather than doing something constructive with trail access, such as working with OHV (off highway vehicle) groups such as NJOHVA you have a photo contest. When will the enviromentalists get it. We have to work together and have designated OHV trails so there is less or no damage to non designated areas. Im sure if it were up to a large percentage of the environmentalists you would have us and our OHV's eradicated off the planet, but its not going to happen, so rather than going with that course of action go with my suggestion. Give the ohv crowd designated trails to lessen damage to our pristine landscapes. I for one love to be out enjoying the Pine Barrens in a legal manner. Please reconsider your course of action because OHV's are not going to just disappear.

I sent them an email the day I first found this posted on a private board.. No response at all... So don't hold your breath...

Guys... be careful what you say... the GREENIES are watching this site as well as this thread.

Don't say something that is going to come back and haunt us!

Just something to think about.

Good, maybe they will get back to me. I have been volunteering for years to go out and ride surveillance with my bike on Sundays to chase down all those folks who go riding there, but as of yet, they haven't taken me up on it. They are always asking for volunteers. What gives:excuseme:

Good, maybe they will get back to me. I have been volunteering for years to go out and ride surveillance with my bike on Sundays to chase down all those folks who go riding there, but as of yet, they haven't taken me up on it. They are always asking for volunteers. What gives:excuseme:

so let me get this straight your gonna go chase down other dirtbikers to arrest them for trespassing? :eek:

We fight the same battles here in Colorado. There are bad apples among every set of non-motorized users...one bad encounter brands us for life in the minds of the anti-motorized crowd; to them we are idiot Jeepers, idiot dirt bikers, idiot ATVers, and we must be stopped!

The best thing people can do is take the high road, rather than resort to lame tactics and name-calling. Get involved with your local USFS field office...join an organization like Blue Ribbon Coalition, volunteer your time to do trail maintenance, and above all, respect the laws and be courteous to all users.

I'm a competitive cyclist and race mtn bikes, and I also happen to get my roost on as much as I can. I always take the time to pull over, kill the motor, and try to engage people in conversation...99% of the time they appreciate it and are receptive to my perspective as a hiker/cyclist/dirt rider. If I'm one less 'hooligan' in their eyes, I consider my work done. If I see motorized users in wilderness areas or just being idiots in general, I say something.

We're losing so much land every day in this country, and trails are being shut down all the time. Every year when the Colorado 500 rolls through Crested Butte, the local Enviro group is out there posting members on the trails with cameras and logbooks, just looking for an 'infraction' to brand us as hooligans and get dirt bikers off the trail. It's annoying, but we just smile and ride by, waving happily and giving them nothing to complain about unless being friendly is a crime...:eek:

so let me get this straight your gonna go chase down other dirtbikers to arrest them for trespassing? :eek:

Who said I would actually be able to "catch" anyone? Even A riders crash:thinking:

But I would assure them I will try my best:thumbsup:

I sent them an email the day I first found this posted on a private board.. No response at all... So don't hold your breath...

I just wanted to let them know were all not idiots and we see their bs games they play.

• 6 months later...
Oh the humanity!

http://www.nynjtc.org/issues/ATVphotos2008.html

Whats the one guy doing with a chainsaw? Cutting down trees to block the trails.

Thats right! I live in north west jersey and ride many trails up here, but as time goes by i notice more trees laying over the trails. I'm guess that 98% trees across the trails are cut from someone. Its a real shame that we all can't get along. For me it just seems to get harder and harder to live in NJ every year, so I've been thinking about moving out.

short story:

Not to long ago i ran into a disgruntled tree hugger on the power lines in the middle of nowhere. As she approached us, she said "I wont call the police now, but you guys shouldn't be riding here, and i don't want to smell the fumes from those things". LOL meanwhile I'm thinking "as much as we're not suppose to be here, she shouldn't be on the power lines either".

I ride a dual sport so i have the ability to hit the road and travel from one patch of woods to another. This way i don't spend most of my day in one spot and piss off the neighbors.

IMG_2481.jpg