I have joined the brotherhood !

Hello to all my fellow thumpinators !

I must thank you all for helping me in my 2002 WR426 purchase decision. I couldn't be more stoked. A special thank you to Yamakaze and EgoAhole. Ego you are my kinda people - love your sense of humor ! Yamakaze - love the name and all the info you have shared - Devol thanks you too. ? Now for all of you KTM owners... there is a new sheriff in town and he is dressed in BLUE !!!!! Wooo hoooo !

Welcome to ThumperTalk.

Plenty of Deputies here to get you up and running... Ask your questions, but remember, they have probably been asked at some point in the past, so make use of the search feature first.

Cheers,

David

OK Sheriff, the posse is awaiting your decisions. Make it easy, get about $3000.00 together, and lets bore it, stroke it, chrome it, don’t forget the new pipe, jetting, yz seat, sprocket, tank and hundreds of other goodies you will buy if you are a sick bike freak like many of us. I have used this forum to dial in my bike exactly the way I want it. The information has helped me to continue to improve the bikes handling, power and ease of use. It is just great to get 20 other opinions on what products work and who has the customer service for the order. Or you can be like many others, enjoying your bike stock knowing the power and handling rule the class. Since you are a newbie we would like for you to start with the 2003 World Wide Thumper meeting. Ohio or Indiana looks like the middle ground for all of us to meet. Would you please post your phone number so we can contact you when you have everything ready. Thanks, and welcome. Fred

Hey sheriff,

Don't get behind my rear wheel!!!

I would have to get back and dig you out from big pail of dirt. ?

Just kidding. Enjoy your new ride.

[ May 09, 2002: Message edited by: Teedo ]

Welcome Fryboy,

Welcome....

Wouldn't worry too much about the 520 pilots, looks like the AMA is gonna outlaw them for racing in the 250 classes next year, Hope it's not gonna happen but.....

Teedo....Your spending so much time here your gonna end up with Blue stain on that pretty Katoom!

Bonzai ?

Thanks for the advice Yamaha.dude. I may be a newbie in the WR world but trust that I know how to search on this forum. I browsed all the recent stuff since October 2001. Once I finished, I didn't have a choice but to do a search on specifics, such as, Blue Wire, Grey Wire, Throttle Stop, Air Box, Rad Guards, Frame Guards, you get the point. Face it my fellow thumpamaniacs, I am addicted !!!!!!!

Thanks for the warm reception. Its great to feel the love !

Welcome! Hey my KTM and my Yamaha have finally learned to get along. Can't we? :D Although, it is possible that when I'm not looking my WR sneaks over and starts loosening up the bolts on my Katoom! Hmmm? Maybe I should keep them separated for awhile? ?:D

[ May 09, 2002: Message edited by: PMAUST ]

I watched some poor four-stroker DNF at Hawkeye Downs last week when he killed his bike and couldn't get it restarted (and IT darned-near killed him from kicking exertion)....coulda swore it was black & orange and said 520 on it... :D E-button broke? Kan't Take Much? :D I thought the whole point of a KTM for us old guys was E-start?

A friend was running 4th in A class when his rear spokes started popping off on his beloved Katoom two motos later. Terrible racket when they got tangled in his sprocket! Broke my Gerbers trying to cut him free (I failed/he DNF'd)... It's the orange jinx! ?

Got off on a tangent again, didn't I? What I really meant to say is "Hi and Welcome" to True Blue Brother Fryboy!! :D:D:D

[ May 09, 2002: Message edited by: Chaindrive ]

Fryboy, no offense taken. I admit it. I'm a bike whore! ? We are going to be camping up at Stoneyford on the 18th. Why don't you come up and ride? It should be a great time. Later, Paul

Thanks PMHAUST for the invite. (a nice whore? Hmmm LOL)

I will definately try and make this trip. I have to warn you though I haven't had much riding time in the last 15 years. I do have to work that saturday until 2:00. Probably couldn't make it up there until 6pm. But I could stay until Monday !!!God its great to own a new bike.

But... I have taken a 1973 Indian 50 when I was 10 and a 1976 XL175 through the rubicon when I was 13. Try that sometime! (Started riding when I was 4 on Indian 50 automatic then 4 speed - still have it too!) Also have several years aboard a RM125. Perhaps I should pass this time and catch the next trip? I am thinkin I am outta shape a bit.

Look forward to riding with you all

Thanks again for the invite

Later, Dave

Can't wait to ride FryBoy!! I hope my old 1982 XT550 is enough to keep up!

Originally posted by Fryboy:

Hello to all my fellow thumpinators !

I must thank you all for helping me in my 2002 WR426 purchase decision. I couldn't be more stoked. A special thank you to Yamakaze and EgoAhole. Ego you are my kinda people - love your sense of humor ! Yamakaze - love the name and all the info you have shared - Devol thanks you too. ? Now for all of you KTM owners... there is a new sheriff in town and he is dressed in BLUE !!!!! Wooo hoooo !

[ May 12, 2002: Message edited by: OFF Road & ON Road Crazy ]

[ May 12, 2002: Message edited by: OFF Road & ON Road Crazy ]

Woo hoo right on GSRThomas! You will be very happy. Welcome aboard !!!! Glad to have another newbie on board. It is so nice to have this fine machine. I can't believe the quantum leap 4 strokes have made since I was a kid.

Offroad&Onroad Crazy, that XT550 is the prerunner to our bikes ( IMO ) That bike can climb some hills I bet. I have seen TT500's tearin it up at Carnegie as a kid - 13years old or so. I miss them days hearing that thumper rip it up !! Brings back memories of the cream of the crop @ Carnegie. The Maico 490, and the Husky 390 use to rule up there from what I could see also. But they don't really count cause they are 2 strokes. But nevertheless, those 2 strokers could climb some hills and I mean fast.

Hope to see you up at Stoneyford ! If not this trip we will have to arrange another one soon. Have fun if I miss it !

Take care,

Fryboy