Float valve / needle seat will not come out

This is on a Mikuni (Virago 535).... I've rebuilt many a carbs, but mainly on dirt bikes, this is on one of the Viragos and for the life of me the dang seat will not come out, I've pulled as hard as I can with needle nose, tried to locate a possible retaining screw, don't see one... any ideas?

This is a 96 Virago 535.

Thanks.

First you buy a replacement before trying to remove the old one, then you select a tap that will cut threads in the center hole of the seat, run a tap into the hole so it cuts threads, keep turning and when the tap bottoms out it will push the seat up and out.

• 2 weeks later...

No tap small enough, the hole is pretty small.... no room to get a bolt/slide hammer, it's pretty awkward. I put some needle nose vise-grips on it and was able to get it to turn back and forth (although very stiff even at that)... but slightly deformed it in the process, this is really frustrating due to little to no room to work.

No tap small enough, the hole is pretty small.... no room to get a bolt/slide hammer, it's pretty awkward. I put some needle nose vise-grips on it and was able to get it to turn back and forth (although very stiff even at that)... but slightly deformed it in the process, this is really frustrating due to little to no room to work.

No tap small enough??? I have some pretty small taps