$$ shipping from XRs Only

I was about to order a temp dipstick from XR's only, against my better judgement, but the shipping was outrageous! $14.07 to ship a little dipstick half way across the country?! I'll pass. The website did not offer shipping through USPS, due to an "error". The next cheapest option was UPS ground at the above rate. Is there any other source for the temp dipstick?

-Joe

Call them and ask about the "error," USPS should be an option if you prefer it. But I agree it helps to spread the shipping cost over several items. Consider looking into a magnetic oil drain plug and maybe some better footpegs? My $0.02

hell ill go over and pick you one up and drop it in a USPS large envelope that only cost $4.60 anywhere in US. Its a short ride across town and $15 for shipping is ridiculious for sure. Dont be hesitant to get one it seems the later ones are fine. Ive had mine for a year now and it has no problems at all. Talk to some of the fellows on here that know me and they will tell you im for real and if you need me ot pick you one up and ship to ya i will. There $39 i think so it would be $45 total but i dont have a problem helping anyone out with XRs stuff as im local and ive put this out before for anyone needing something there.

I have the Mag drain plugs and footpegs like DG said and the mag plugs are nice addition i think also.

I will not buy anything shipped UPS Ever! I've been burned a few times by high prices and extra charges/ brokerage fees. If USPS is not an option I shop elsewhere or just don't buy it. Most of the time when I ask they will ship USPS if I insist even if it's not listed on the web site. Contact them and see.

I was about to order a temp dipstick from XR's only, against my better judgement, but the shipping was outrageous! $14.07 to ship a little dipstick half way across the country?! I'll pass. The website did not offer shipping through USPS, due to an "error". The next cheapest option was UPS ground at the above rate. Is there any other source for the temp dipstick?

-Joe

Me! PM sent

• Like 1

I will not buy anything shipped UPS Ever! I've been burned a few times by high prices and extra charges/ brokerage fees. If USPS is not an option I shop elsewhere or just don't buy it. Most of the time when I ask they will ship USPS if I insist even if it's not listed on the web site. Contact them and see.

I hate UPS too. Fedex is wayyyy cheaper if you get an account. UPS is like 35% higher on certain things. I went to ship a wheel with them, it was going to be 45.00, went to Fedex, it was 28.00. Needless to say Brown can't do anything for me. :eek:

I have watched the cost of shipping go crazy. I ordered parts for my shop / customer that cost $4.00, the shipping was $12.00. When I pass this on to the customer, he thinks I'm on crack. When I call my supplier they say it's not just only the frt. but the carton and time for someone to pack it. We will be seeing prices go up on most everything -- by alot. Greenies wont let us get our owne oil.

I have watched the cost of shipping go crazy. I ordered parts for my shop / customer that cost $4.00, the shipping was $12.00. When I pass this on to the customer, he thinks I'm on crack. When I call my supplier they say it's not just only the frt. but the carton and time for someone to pack it. We will be seeing prices go up on most everything -- by alot. Greenies wont let us get our owne oil.

Thorndike, that pretty much sums it all up.:eek:

i drive by our refinery every day. gas is still $3.75/gal now. still cant ride, snowed 3" today.

i have to look for usps as well being in AK, but sometimes companies will have cheap ups rates. like motorcycle-superstore and cyclegear.

nothing like $20 ups shipping on a jet.

Norge, Thanks for the hook up. I sent you a PM.

I know the cost of diesel is ridiculously high and the big brown truck can't get there for free, but let's be reasonable. Not too long ago $14.00 would be over-night shipping. I just ordered a back tire for the XRL, shipped from San Bernadino area via UPS for about $8.00 if I remember correctly. There must be a LOT of protective packaging on that temp dipstick...or the other $6.00 paid for the hour it took to package it.

Okay, I'm done with the rant. Woosahh, all is well.

-Joe

I`m going to try and make my own .I`ve heard a briggs& stratton oil plug theads into the oil filler,so I`m going to get a wally world cooking thermoter and drill a hole in the plug,and put the probe thru it into the oil fill cap.Wish me luck!

I`m going to try and make my own .I`ve heard a briggs& stratton oil plug theads into the oil filler,so I`m going to get a wally world cooking thermoter and drill a hole in the plug,and put the probe thru it into the oil fill cap.Wish me luck!

This thread may be of interest to you.:eek:

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=539123&highlight=oil+temp+dipstick