Let's see your legacy Gas Gas or Rieju Motorcycle!

18 hours ago, CDN Rick said:

Would you stop it with your "we are not sure" crap. These bikes are easy to get parts for. Just call a dealer, any competent dealer. If you don't know any just ask around here to find one or PM me. I know lots of them.. If I can get a seat, headlight plastic, and rear wheel bearing spacer for my '12 in 3 days only weeks after the warehouse in SD opened up that should tell anyone it is easy to get parts. And the 07-11 Gen isn't any harder to find things for when I ask friends on them. Never once yet have I had to seriously wait for anything in the time I've been riding GG. You just circle all the forums telling people to "be careful" "don't trust GasGas" etc etc.. The new GG/Torrot company is doing a stellar job for such a small team. Let's all just be glad we don't have to ride orange bikes and keep smiling!

I'm not talking about your 12' . I'm talking about my 2001 and the bike in question. 2 of my friends sold their gasgas 2006 and 2004 because they couldn't find parts.. Why are you bitching at me for? I'm just giving straight honest real information about keeping parts based on my and other local Gasgas riders experiences . I have friends with a variety of Gasgas enduros that have bought up other gasgas enduro bikes just to have a stash of parts. If you are sure there are parts for older gasgas then give links and give real sources. We have a dealer up the road. Last I checked he couldn't get lots of older gasgas parts. Does Torrot have a lot of parts ready to go out to older gasgas bikes? I'm not talking about the newest bikes. I'm talking about bikes like mine and the bike I was talking about. Go ahead and provide dealers and links that fully provide all parts right now for us to buy for older Gasgas. 

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

It's all good. No need for fighting guys.

I'm used to tracking down parts for my bikes as most of them have been pretty old. Just 7 years ago I completely rebuilt a '90 KDX200 from the frame up. Most of the parts were discontinued but I made it happen. Did the same with my '05 GG 250. I've did several Yamaha RD250/350's back in the pre-internet days. My point being, if there is a will there is a way. I might have to wait to find a part sometimes but I will find it given time. Plus, I have a back up bike now so I'm not worried one bit!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, SS109 said:

It's all good. No need for fighting guys.

I'm used to tracking down parts for my bikes as most of them have been pretty old. Just 7 years ago I completely rebuilt a '90 KDX200 from the frame up. Most of the parts were discontinued but I made it happen. Did the same with my '05 GG 250. I've did several Yamaha RD250/350's back in the pre-internet days. My point being, if there is a will there is a way. I might have to wait to find a part sometimes but I will find it given time. Plus, I have a back up bike now so I'm not worried one bit!

I know exactly what you mean. It's why I've stashed parts for my Gasgas. It's just clarifying here. Let's just be real about what is available from which models. Actually if Torrot had all parts for older gasgas then that's great! Link it up.  There's nothing wrong with stashing parts that are hard to get to me.. even if it's not hard to get you don't have to buy if you need it later.

Here's my 01' 300 ec in an older vid.

• Like 1

On 5/23/2018 at 2:41 PM, hawaiidirtrider said:

I know exactly what you mean. It's why I've stashed parts for my Gasgas. It's just clarifying here. Let's just be real about what is available from which models. Actually if Torrot had all parts for older gasgas then that's great! Link it up.  There's nothing wrong with stashing parts that are hard to get to me.. even if it's not hard to get you don't have to buy if you need it later.

Here's my 01' 300 ec in an older vid.

When I bought my '01 GG XC 200, it looked great. But I soon found out that it needed going over front to back. I found everything I needed online, easily & inexpensive.   I did buy a few oem parts from an on line dealer overseas with good prices & fast, cheap shipping. But under Tarrott ownership, that avenue seems to be closed.  I've got the feeling that I might have a little harder time of it if I were attempting to do that same rebuild today.

Once I educated myself a little, I soon found that a lot of the parts needed to rebuild/freshen up my bike were the same as certain model big 4 or KTM of the same era. Crank bearings, brake disc, hyd parts for brakes, air filter element, fork seals, carb & carb parts, engine oil seals, etc, etc. All interchangable with other more popular, well known bikes. Lots of it new, old stock from big 4 dealers selling off old inventory on line.

Thankfully, I haven't needed much since having gotten my bike dialed in.    I can see where guys who are just used to going to a dealer down the street might have trouble navigating the parts situation on old GG's.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

HDR you asked for links.

https://www.gasgaspartsguy.com/index.htm

Not affiliated with him in anyway, except I'm a happy customer.  If it's not on the site just give him a call.

The only thing I have had to wait for is a rim.  And I can get it, just need to wait.  It's and Excel brand new.  I broke a hub racing so I'm re-lacing a new one.  I'm sure I could have found a swap over, however I had a spare hub (HDR that's the only thing I keep).   I bought it in order to powder coat it anyway.  buchanon's had me new spokes in less than a week.  Any other info you can get from here.

http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, hadfield4wd said:

HDR you asked for links.

https://www.gasgaspartsguy.com/index.htm

Not affiliated with him in anyway, except I'm a happy customer.  If it's not on the site just give him a call.

The only thing I have had to wait for is a rim.  And I can get it, just need to wait.  It's and Excel brand new.  I broke a hub racing so I'm re-lacing a new one.  I'm sure I could have found a swap over, however I had a spare hub (HDR that's the only thing I keep).   I bought it in order to powder coat it anyway.  buchanon's had me new spokes in less than a week.  Any other info you can get from here.

http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php

So all the older gasgas parts are available? You know me from gasgasriders already for years. It wasn’t easy to get parts earlier. Is the new Gasgas company starting to sell and provide for older bikes or is this stash of new  old stock parts? Thanks for the link

On 5/31/2018 at 2:56 AM, RBrider said:

When I bought my '01 GG XC 200, it looked great. But I soon found out that it needed going over front to back. I found everything I needed online, easily & inexpensive.   I did buy a few oem parts from an on line dealer overseas with good prices & fast, cheap shipping. But under Tarrott ownership, that avenue seems to be closed.  I've got the feeling that I might have a little harder time of it if I were attempting to do that same rebuild today.

Once I educated myself a little, I soon found that a lot of the parts needed to rebuild/freshen up my bike were the same as certain model big 4 or KTM of the same era. Crank bearings, brake disc, hyd parts for brakes, air filter element, fork seals, carb & carb parts, engine oil seals, etc, etc. All interchangable with other more popular, well known bikes. Lots of it new, old stock from big 4 dealers selling off old inventory on line.

Thankfully, I haven't needed much since having gotten my bike dialed in.    I can see where guys who are just used to going to a dealer down the street might have trouble navigating the parts situation on old GG's.

Thanks. Im familiar with all this. That part of being under Tarrot owmnership and not having older gasgas parts is related to what Im saying. Im just saying to stash parts in case uou need them because it isn’t always available. :excuseme: 

Thats the simple truth of it. 

• Like 1

So all the older gasgas parts are available? You know me from gasgasriders already for years. It wasn’t easy to get parts earlier. Is the new Gasgas company starting to sell and provide for older bikes or is this stash of new  old stock parts? Thanks for the link
All parts? I don't know if all parts are available. But I have 2 GasGas's. A '99 and a '00. I have no problem getting parts. I've done a rebuild on both bikes. Don't know what else I'd need?

General maint parts are all available. It does require that you know what you're talking about. You have to know your own crossover parts. Also you can look in a parts unlimited catalogue. And they don't list gasgas for all parts even though they work for that.
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, hadfield4wd said:

All parts? I don't know if all parts are available. But I have 2 GasGas's. A '99 and a '00. I have no problem getting parts. I've done a rebuild on both bikes. Don't know what else I'd need?

General maint parts are all available. It does require that you know what you're talking about. You have to know your own crossover parts. Also you can look in a parts unlimited catalogue. And they don't list gasgas for all parts even though they work for that.

Crossover parts? This isnt from gasgas then right? Maybe some parts.. What you’re saying has been known for many years from old gasgas owners that have been on gasgasriders club for many years. All the old gasgas owners have been in touch with gofasters and greenlandmx and other more out of the way gasgas sources because but the stash of parts are drying up. What you’re saying is just the status quo from before gasgas went under then got bought out. Of course it’s not like buying parts for another brand. I was looking on greenland and a bunch of stuff that I could get is gone. 

Again this seems to be a huge over reaction to me just saying to stash parts in case you need them since it’s not as easy to get parts for older gasgas parts. Simple. You pretty much verify that. If it was easy to get parts..you just go to any dealer and order and get whatever you want. Having to figure out crossover parts is figuring out how to get by . I know how to do that.  Again I know what Im talking about. I have a 2001 300 ec and just know what it’s like trying to get parts.

Here is an example: how easy is it to buy a kickstand for a 2001 300 ec gasgas? I found a used one after searching for years .You can’t go somewhere and buy a new one.There are none. Unless you know a new source that makes them again. Try looking for one.

but back to the thread. Post up some Gasgas

Side stand? Seriously? Not going to keep you from riding. I broke a hub on Sunday and if I didn't want to get all anal with bling I could have been riding the following weekend.

What I mean by crossover parts is for instance bearings. They may not be listed in a parts book for "gasgas" however it is the same part number.

The fact is you are making something big out of nothing. Parts is not a big deal like you are making it.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, hadfield4wd said:

Side stand? Seriously? Not going to keep you from riding. I broke a hub on Sunday and if I didn't want to get all anal with bling I could have been riding the following weekend.

What I mean by crossover parts is for instance bearings. They may not be listed in a parts book for "gasgas" however it is the same part number.

The fact is you are making something big out of nothing. Parts is not a big deal like you are making it.

Dude... It ain't worth fighting with him... He made up a fake problem in his head and he'll stand on his little hill until he dies on it.. Multiple people have tried to prove him otherwise, but he's just screaming along at the top of his lungs trying to drown out reason. I'd put money down that if you built an entire 1995 bike, buying each part separately online and showed him the receipts, he'd just start whining that you bought the last of every NOS part and now everyone needs to stockpile crap they could just call their dealers for on any given monday morning....

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, CDN Rick said:

Dude... It ain't worth fighting with him... He made up a fake problem in his head and he'll stand on his little hill until he dies on it.. Multiple people have tried to prove him otherwise, but he's just screaming along at the top of his lungs trying to drown out reason. I'd put money down that if you built an entire 1995 bike, buying each part separately online and showed him the receipts, he'd just start whining that you bought the last of every NOS part and now everyone needs to stockpile crap they could just call their dealers for on any given monday morning....

There’s no “fake “problem.  You shouldn’t make up stuff in your mind. Look it up. Go ahead. Go see if you can buy one. See if you can order a kickstand for an old gasgas . I know because Ive been looking for years. I don’t get you being so upset with me just saying to stash parts because it’s hard to find older gasgas parts. It is hard . It’s just the truth.  I know because I have an old gasgas. Hey I guess you are all rah rah for new gasgas. Whatever . It doesn’t change the facts about just getting parts for old Gasgas isn’t as easy. Go on see if you can get the old gasgas kick stand say from around 98 to 2001 for example then post it up here and in gasgasriders so all the other guys looking for a kickstand can “ just get from their dealer”. Hey if gasgas has them now great but lets see. Tons have been looking for stands like I was for years before finding a used one. 

There is no reason to fight me or anyone. I asked you before to put up links but you never have. Just show me where I can get parts . :excuseme:  instead of badmouthing me with nothing to back it up. By the way see if you can get some 2001 300 ec stock tank shrouds and graphics while you are at it. I have had a hard time finding those. You say it’s easy right? Link it up so anyone who wants can get them at any “gasgas dealer”. 

*i don't have a gasgas and haven't looked for parts

but with any other brand like ktm, husky, beta, honda, yamaha, etc parts for early 2000's bikes are starting to get hard to buy. i have enough old hondas and yamaha's to know that a lot of parts are no longer available from dealers and are discontinued. i don't think i could get a kickstand for a 99 xr250 from honda. after 8-10 years the parts start to dry up as they are no longer being made. even ktm parts for those years are hard to find. husky even worse

the difference is gasgas sold maybe a 1000th of the bikes the others did so used parts are harder to find as the bikes just aren't around. i don't think its just a gasgas problem or gasgas's fault for not continuing the parts supply.

6 minutes ago, Carman said:

*i don't have a gasgas and haven't looked for parts

but with any other brand like ktm, husky, beta, honda, yamaha, etc parts for early 2000's bikes are starting to get hard to buy. i have enough old hondas and yamaha's to know that a lot of parts are no longer available from dealers and are discontinued. i don't think i could get a kickstand for a 99 xr250 from honda. after 8-10 years the parts start to dry up as they are no longer being made. even ktm parts for those years are hard to find. husky even worse

the difference is gasgas sold maybe a 1000th of the bikes the others did so used parts are harder to find as the bikes just aren't around. i don't think its just a gasgas problem or gasgas's fault for not continuing the parts supply.

I have had other brands aswell but gasgas has been hard to get parts even when they were still in the former Gasgas owners. They had alot of money problems.  It’s even worse than other mainstream brands. .. especially when going under and another company taking over. Now it’s even worse and Rick makes like there is no problem ? Maybe with brand new gasgas parts are fine ? 

I don’t think it’s anyone’s “fault “ that it’s hard to find parts for old gasgas.  It’s just what is. Realize all I said was to stash some gasgas parts just in case on an earlier post . That seems perfectly reasonable to me. Not for others sometimes. 

3 hours ago, hadfield4wd said:

So your response on not being able to be getting a kick stand is “ it won’t keep you from riding?”  

?

Why shouldn’t anyone be unable to just buy a side stand? How hard is that.. I don’t like laying my bike down or having to find a rock or tree. Enduro bikes come with a stand. It’s simple. Or other parts? For many years? That’s pretty simple. The fact is I’m just experienced in owning an 01 300 ec gasgas for around 15 years . Im not making a big deal at all. Im just calling it how it is as an old gasgas owner.  

I’m not saying anything that isn’t true. Now can the thread continue posting up gasgas?

or are more going to object to me saying to stash some gasgas parts because you might need them later.

On 5/22/2018 at 2:20 PM, hawaiidirtrider said:

Careful.. it’s been hard for older gasgas guys to get parts. You might want to stash some just in case. Im not sure can get old parts with the new Gasgas company. . I still have my 01 300 ec for a while it’s not been easy to get parts.

This is all I said. :excuseme:

37 minutes ago, hadfield4wd said:

I bet you can't get an OEM sidestand for a kdx. I'm out. Stupid argument.

Parts are available. End of story. Some people choose to believe their own truth.

Wait . No link? If it’s available link it up. There’s no end of story. This is ongoing.This parts availability issue has been going on for many years and it isnt any different from a couple years ago at least for old gasgas. It’s simple. Either you can get all the parts or not. So I give an example and there are cricket sounds for response? You or rick don’t have to get pissy. Im not saying anything that all at Gasgasriders or just any older gasgas riders don’t already know. Im just responding to Rick saying everything can be had if going to a gadgas dealer which is simply not true. You know that too. Im not pissed about that. Im just saying what is...You tell everyone here that you have to find cross reference parts to do maintenance on your bike.So you know. Just say what is. 

As far as a kdx side stand well that’s easy to get. Show me where to find a kick stand for your 2 gasgas.

https://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m4084.l1313.TR7.TRC0.A0.H0.Xkdx+si.TRS0&_nkw=kdx+side+stand

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Side-stand-GAS-GAS-EC250-EC300-XC250-XC300-2017/152991279341?hash=item239efda8ed:g:QyIAAOSwH2Ja2nFH

Year and a half?  Really? 

Dude drop it.  How many freaking side stands do you go through that you need them all the time? 

Now I really am out.  Not responding to anymore.

CDNRick was right. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, hadfield4wd said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Side-stand-GAS-GAS-EC250-EC300-XC250-XC300-2017/152991279341?hash=item239efda8ed:g:QyIAAOSwH2Ja2nFH

Year and a half?  Really? 

Dude drop it.  How many freaking side stands do you go through that you need them all the time? 

Now I really am out.  Not responding to anymore.

CDNRick was right. 

That’s for a 2017. :excuseme: and you’re upset why? It makes no sense.  I don’t see why you might have any problem with me just telling the truth. I mean there’s no reason to say anything other than what real availability is of parts for older gasgas parts. You can tell the truth too. You know you can’t get all the parts for your 2000 or older gasgas by just going to your Gasgas dealer. I can’t by going to mine. You might get some parts but then you have to hustle all over the internet to scrounge from different places and “cross reference “ parts like you say to get by for what your dealer wont provide. No sense get pissed . What for?  Im talking from experience with my gasgas.:excuseme::ride:

As far as CDNRick is concerned he hasn’t posted links to where anyone can get stuff for say my 2001 gasgas. Just go to gasgasriders. Everyone knows there it’s hard to get parts...

• NoFiddyPilot changed the title to Let's see your legacy Gas Gas or Rieju Motorcycle!