RMZ450 Jetting

• 2 months later...

I have a Rocket Racer full exhaust on my 07 450. I haven't touched the jetting and it is running good. I am getting ready to add a Twin Air filter. I really don't want to mess with the jetting, but if I have to I guess I'll have to.

According to my manual, the jetting is:

Main - 170

Starter Jet - 75

Slow Jet - 42

Leak Jet - 35

Needle - 5th position

Pilot Screw - 1 3/4 out

It is hard to tell what jetting changes you may need. It all depends on Elevation, Tempature, humidity, etc. and how it is running. List you elevation and what it is doing at each throttle position, idle, 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, WOT. I can tell you what I would do if you give me that info. Also, notice if the head pipe is getting really hot, glowing quickly, or if it is backfiring any on decel.

Well I can tell u all that the bike run like a bat out of hell with

no jetting changes...no back firing up or down and starts on 1st of 2nd kick all the time....

FMF 4.1 Full Tit system w/Magabomb..

twin air filter with out screen..

That setup changed the whole bike bottom to top BIG TIME !!!!!!

I researched a lot of threads on this site and others before I put my Rocket exhaust on, because I didn't really want to re-jet it. I know what I am doing with carbs, but sometimes it is just a PITA to dial them in 100%.

From everything I have read, most people do not have to re-jet with a pipe and filter. My bike runs fine with just the pipe right now. I hope that is the same when I add the Twin Air. I think it will be okay. Just make sure to check the valves often just incase it is running too lean.