2nd Annual SoCalSuMo Ride!

Hey SoCalSuMo's!... :eek:

How's Saturday June 7th 9:00AM for you guys?

๐Ÿ˜›:applause::ride:๐Ÿ˜›:prof:๐Ÿ˜›:applause:

We can meet up again at my place unless someone has another convenient staging point and would like to ride some different canyons.

It's over a month off so that everyone will have plenty of time to plan for it. Last year it was on 06-09-07... and we had a blast!:ride:

Greg

i am in a wedding that weekend for my bro in law.you will have to count me out for that particular weekend. And just to throw a wrench in the the mix, i now work saturdays but am off on sundays.....if things change as far as the date & day ill will be there.

i am in a wedding that weekend for my bro in law.you will have to count me out for that particular weekend. And just to throw a wrench in the the mix, i now work saturdays but am off on sundays.....if things change as far as the date & day ill will be there.

Hey zac, ๐Ÿ˜›

There's plenty of time to fine tune the date...:eek:

How about 9:00AM Sunday June 15th?

Take Care,

Greg

sounds great to me! it also gives me plenty of time to clear it with the wife.

the time may need to be adjusted depending how many peeps would like to come and where they are coming from. we can cross those roads as they come.

CJBRIAN~

this would be an epic ride in the canyons above malibu

Any more details? Like what city do you live in? and what canyons did you have in mind?

Hi CJ, :eek:

It would be the same staging area as last year's ride... Topanga Canyon, which is right in the middle of SuMo Disneyland. As far as the immediately available local canyons, there's:

Old Topanga Canyon Road, Fernwood Pacific, Saddle Peak, Stunt Road, Piuma Canyon, Malibu Canyon, Las Flores Canyon, Encinal Canyon, Decker Canyon, Latigo Canyon...

...and of course Pacific Coast Highway and Mulholland Highway to tie them all together.

Neptune's Net and The Rock Store are pretty good pit stops to meet up to regroup.

Take Care,

Greg

Checking in.. may be picking up a 400SM soon, going to ride my friends WR250 when he gets it, may end up with either one.

sweet! last years ride had husky's, ktm's and a couple crotch rockets(well one of those was a duke) besides our dr-z brothers. doesnt matter what you ride as long as you are there!

everyone had fun and i was the only casualty lol

I have been wanting to hit that area on my DRZ but Im about 60 miles south in Orange County. I will see if I can make and maybe drag along a buddy. Thanks

i am in costa mesa , and will more than likely be riding over with a friend from ladeira ranch(sp). if you are in our position and have to ride there, you are more than welcome to join us.

Hi CJ, ๐Ÿ˜›

The informal meet up time is about 9, but we really don't need to leave until around 10 or so to allow the longer distance travelers time to get there and roll off their bikes. I'm in the middle of building a 22'x22' carport right now, so we just might have some nice shade to meet under.

So far, the staging area will be at 21444 Entrada Road just one quarter of a mile off of Topanga Canyon Boulvard on the street that goes up to the main entrance of Topanga State Park.

It was suprizingly well attended for just an informal ride with no promotion. Last year, 21 bikes went roaring out of the yard to play in the canyons for the day.:eek:

DRZ400006.jpg

Take Care,

Greg

I see pickups in the picture. Were there people that trucked there bikes in?

Hi CJ, ๐Ÿ˜›

The informal meet up time is about 9, but we really don't need to leave until around 10 or so to allow the longer distance travelers time to get there and roll off their bikes. I'm in the middle of building a 22'x22' carport right now, so we just might have some nice shade to meet under.

So far, the staging area will be at 21444 Entrada Road just one quarter of a mile off of Topanga Canyon Boulvard on the street that goes up to the main entrance of Topanga State Park.

It was suprizingly well attended for just an informal ride with no promotion. Last year, 21 bikes went roaring out of the yard to play in the canyons for the day.:eek:

DRZ400006.jpg

Take Care,

Greg

I see pickups in the picture. Were there people that trucked there bikes in?

Yes... :eek: a few even shared a ride and trucked in multiple bikes. There's easily enough room for 2 or 3 vehicles in the yard, and there's usually one or two spaces to park just across the street.

Take Care,

Greg

• Like 1

Thanks Greg

A friend and I are planning on coming but I think we are going to trailer the bikes there. So If there is no parking spots we can park down the street somewhere and ride over. See you guys there.

Im am down for that ride I live in Lake Forest Near ladrea ranch. I hope I get my license back by then. If not ill see if I cant get a buddy to give me a ride up there with my bike then ride w/ u guy as a pack. Less likely to get pulled in that situation