Hydraulic Clutch

Anyone running one? I've got an 06 450R and I've found myself riding a lot of offroad lately. Doing so, we're constantly in search of the toughest singletrack and tight stuff. The technical trails aren't the problem, it's my left hand that wants to explode halfway through the ride.

Has anyone tried a hydraulic clutch? Would it make the clutch pull that much easier as to reduce hand/arm pump? Thanks for any info....:eek:

Matt

I put one on my '06 450R and absolutely will not go back to the cable. All I ride is off-road/woods. The clutch is easier, if for no other reason than eliminating the bad angle of the stock cable bracket at the engine end. But it's a lot more than that-the lever pull is easier than the cable, the action is consistent with no fade, mine has no lack of engagement "feel" and nothing has to be adjusted or lubed.

The hydraulic clutch system, in combination with the 13/51 gearing I swapped on makes the bike a much more woods-friendly ride.:eek:

I put one on my '06 450R and absolutely will not go back to the cable. All I ride is off-road/woods. The clutch is easier, if for no other reason than eliminating the bad angle of the stock cable bracket at the engine end. But it's a lot more than that-the lever pull is easier than the cable, the action is consistent with no fade, mine has no lack of engagement "feel" and nothing has to be adjusted or lubed.

The hydraulic clutch system, in combination with the 13/51 gearing I swapped on makes the bike a much more woods-friendly ride.:eek:

What brand are you running SoB? Do you mind me asking how much?

I have the Magura Jack system. I got it from the scratch & dent section of Rocky Mtn. m/c's website. The box was mislabeled from the manufacturer and they couldn't sell it at retail, apparently. Snagged it for $145. They ship pre-bled and ready to plug-n-play. :eek:

I have a Magura hydraulic clutch, one of the best mods you can do to any bike. The pull is slightly easier, I still get a cramped hand if I'm constantly pulling in the clutch and riding miles of tight singletrack without stopping for a break.

But the whole setup is better than stock. Not having to adjust the clutch cable is a big plus.

I bought an Outlaw perch from Pit Posse for $40. It has a far easier pull than stock, is easier to adjust, easier to service, and has the hot stat UNDER the clutch lever so you can actually use the quick adjust. Pull is twice as easy as stock. Its pretty well identical to a Works Connection perch, which retails for $150.

I've got the ASV lever/perch/hot start setup now. The pull is at least as hard if not harder than stock. That's why I'm looking at the hydraulic. One thing I really like about the ASV is the integrated hot start.

I have the Magura Jack system. I got it from the scratch & dent section of Rocky Mtn. m/c's website. The box was mislabeled from the manufacturer and they couldn't sell it at retail, apparently. Snagged it for $145. They ship pre-bled and ready to plug-n-play. :eek:

So by plug-n-play do you mean it was pretty easy to install?

I would do it,I dont have a crf450 or hydro clutch but I felt one at the track and holy $hit what a easy pull! kind of like a cr85 clutch with out the snapping of a conventional cable,But easier!

I have the Magura jack and it's great. Same actuation point all the time and easy to use a lot, if needed. I even put an ASV shorty lever on it as I only use 2 fingers. It was easier with the magura (longer) lever. A buddy of mine liked mine so much he just popped for one, too.

I've never had a problem with the cable snagging or the slave cylinder getting banged up. You should of seen the older version of the clutch bracket, it made everything stick out twice as far. The newer version keeps everything tucked up tight against the case.

I do keep the stock perch, lever, cable and bracket in my toolbox with me incase something happens to the Magura while I'm out riding.