My First Pitbike, couple questions

P5060012.JPG?imgmax=512

Here's my first pitbike, just started wrenching on it last night and went through it with loctite.

I have also heard to get a magnetic drainplug. Does anyone know the correct size drain plug to use for the pitster x4r. Also looking to get a few more upgrades, pro taper bars, K&N air filter (also wondering what size?).

Enjoy the pics. Any other upgrades or preventive maintenance I should be getting to work on? Back Brakes seem a little spongy, I imagine I just need to bleed them?

Anyone have a favorite motor oil to use for the pitsters?

By the way, the bike absolutely rips and is completely stock. I am impressed. I picked it up barely used from a local guy here.

Thanks in advance for all the help, this forum rocks.

-Mark

well you definitely got a good bike. 140cc or 150? motor oil i use yamalube. filter dont use K&N get a UNI. try bleeding the brakes or you can change all the fluid and try it again.. have fun with the bike

Any magnetic plug for crf50 will work. The 1.75" uni angled pod is what you want if it has the stock carb. Definitely bleed the brakes and refresh the fluid with fresh Dot 4. SGR-USA.com has lots of the stuff you need. So do outlawpowersports and tboltusa and ahpminis and hondatrailbikes (those are the vendors that I have had good success with.)

Nice bike, All the above is very good advice, I can also help you with any Pitster needs, We also carry products that will improve your bike, NCC fender brace is a must have.

Great suggestions and tips.

Thanks for the help. I will support the sponsors of the site as much as I can. Those NCC braces look like a great idea..... i wondered why it was so saggy in the back.

-Mark

Great suggestions and tips.

Thanks for the help. I will support the sponsors of the site as much as I can. Those NCC braces look like a great idea..... i wondered why it was so saggy in the back.

-Mark

They also make a great place to lift the bike from, The holes in the side panels are off balance a little.

Any magnetic plug for crf50 will work. The 1.75" uni angled pod is what you want if it has the stock carb. Definitely bleed the brakes and refresh the fluid with fresh Dot 4. SGR-USA.com has lots of the stuff you need. So do outlawpowersports and tboltusa and ahpminis and hondatrailbikes (those are the vendors that I have had good success with.)

Sorry to hijack the thread, but will that size uni filter fit any stock carb? I have a SSR125 C 3 and was wondering what size uni filter I need.

Thanks

Sorry to re- hijack the thread, Just wanted to update and thank all those who helped me too. The UNI 1.75" angled pod fit perfectly and I also bled the rear brakes out and got them working beautifully. Got the chinese oil out of it and am running yamalube. Also put some new pro taper bars on it. I will try to post a picture update on here to show the mods.

I am having blast with it, thanks for the help all.