Sign in to follow this  

Top 10 Add-Ons For The CRF250

I am going to purchase my first CRF250 and am wondering what you all think are the top 10 add ons you would put on your bike. could be anything from performance, looks, etc.

I know it depends on money sometimes but maybe compile a list of "must haves" that are particular to the CRF 250

thanks everyone!!

1) Hour meter

2) Skid plate

3) flatland rad guards

4) cycra stealth dx handguards (mx type)

5) Re spring suspension for your weight (should be #1) use race tecs spring rate generator

6) JE 13.5:1 High comp piston, works well on pump gas 91+ octane, nice boost of power ($150 at TT store) I like the one I put in my bike.

7) MRD exhaust - i really like mine - custom built, power how you want it (low/mid mid/high,all around). And with an unbeatable warranty of if you break it, it gets fixed free of charge. www.mrd-racing.com Get the pro comp spec - quieter than regular, only $30 more.

8) O ring chain, good steel sprockets or Ironman's

9) PC racing pro seal - No toil airfilter - Maxima FFT filter oil

10) Spare tires, Michelin MH3's!

need suspension!!!!!

i hear the quickshot is awsome!

air feul mix screw

JD jetting kit

and you NEED armour all to keep your steed lookin sweet! ( just dont do the seat)

the two things that are worth their weight in gold so to say are handguards and suspension. Don't spend 800 dollars on a trick exhaust system when ~600 will give you a very nice suspenison setup for you! It'll make you go faster than any muffler will :eek:

With my handguards I have NEVER broken a lever, bent a perch, broken a throttle tube, or ripped my grips. And they save my hands from rocks.

With my handguards I have NEVER broken a lever, bent a perch, broken a throttle tube, or ripped my grips. And they save my hands from rocks.

:eek::p:applause: i second that! :ride::p:prof:

a few things i want for my crf are; carb re-jetted, decent chain and sprockets, suspension adjusted for my weight, and maybe decent rear break pads cos the stock ones are wearing down really quickly. once i get that stuff sorted i will think about exhausts and engine mods.

ap mod first, who cares about anything after that.

This is a good thread! Keep posting up your lists cause my bike is need of upgrading here....