Making a 2001 400 EXC Street Legal

I just got a 2001 400 EXC with a title and want to make it totally street legal, as it will not pass in my state the way it is now. It now has the rear brake light kit installed, but nothing else.

Is there a total kit available for this bike to make it street legal or do you have to piece the kit together yourself with parts from various vendors? Who has done this and where did you get the parts to do it? Thanks

http://www.sicassracing.com is a great place to start-

whether you are going to piece together or do a kit-

SOmetimes peicing together is cheaper and you get the components you want/ need. If you understand how to wire/electical its obviously a concideration- plug and play versus not.

What do you need in Missouri? In WI, basically HI/LO, Horn, Brake. If you don't need turn signals- you are almost there now... You have a H4 headlight so you need to wire HI and LOW switch, Rear brake light you have (do you need the front lever to work?) and Horn. SO If that's the case I'd get the K&S Switch Hi lo Off, horn/kil under $25 and buy an $8 horn.

If you need turn sigs buy the K&S Multi switch (narrow one) on from siccas, relay, signals of choice.

See my garage- I have the K&Smulti-switch on my DRZ and the Other K&S on my EXC

?

In Missouri I need turn signals, front/rear brake light, hi/lo, horn and mirrors. The bummer is I have to get it inspected every two years so I need to do something permanent yet removeable for off-road only days.

In Missouri I need turn signals, front/rear brake light, hi/lo, horn and mirrors. The bummer is I have to get it inspected every two years so I need to do something permanent yet removeable for off-road only days.

Well the "Kit" gets more$ or you have to do some work. You can get thing's tucked in pretty well where its hard to notice its legal but aren't breaking off every 20 miles.

I guess the only thing I didn't mention is that for the front brake Switch you need a mini-switch- order it from Brembo 'cause the are like $70 from KTM. Or you could try and find a Hydro- but most won't fit on your master because the banjo almost touches the bars as it is.

check out Siccas and see what you can put together without the whole kit- you have a front and rear light already- they have everything you need accept a schematic for sale...