Sign in to follow this  

06 cr 125 PLEASE HELP...

I need your help guys and gals. I'm still fouling plugs. Ive had this bike almost a month and still can't ride it.

I'm at a 420 main jet

a 42.5 pilot jet and the clip is in the 3rd position. I'm almost to the point of letting honda come repo the bike and go get a rm or kx.

Thanks, Mark

I still think you are really rich I have my 250 at a 390 main and a 30 pilot and clip on second position, with no spooge or fauled plugs. What are you mixing your gas at? 32:1? and what kind of premix do you use?

I'm at 32:1 and I'm using the honda 2 stroke pre mix. Iv'e tried both the br9eg and the br8es spark plugs. I've called honda customer service at 866-784-1870 and the EXACT words they used was SIR, You bought a bike that comes with no warrenty and there is nothing we can do. I can't believe these people.

I recall that all the newer CR's come way to rich from factory, so if you haven't touched the jetting, you will foul plugs all day. These are race bikes they dont come with warranties, just like racing tires dont either..

The bike came stock with a 430 main and a 55 pilot. Maybe I'm wrong, but if you buy a brand new bike I believe it should run. But, maybe I'm wrong.

Mark

The thing about 2-strokes is they are 2-strokes! You need to jet the bike for your general riding area. jets is correct the Honda 2-stroke's come WAY too rich from the factory stock. Honda does not want you to drive off the lot and seize your engine the first time you ride it. Hence the overly-rich stock jetting. If you know nothing of jetting go buy yourself a James Dean jetting kit. For about $70 you get tested tuning advice. You also need to experiment and try different brass. Google spanky's jetting guide.

The bike came stock with a 430 main and a 55 pilot. Maybe I'm wrong, but if you buy a brand new bike I believe it should run. But, maybe I'm wrong.

Mark

Are you trail or motoing it and if motoing it are you in the upper RPM's most the time ?

I'm at a practice motocross track. All i have ever owned is motocross bikes so I know how to ride. I've had enough of the B.S. from Honda and I'm in the process of abtaining a lawyer. I have had this cr 125 twice at Honda certified trained mechanics and they still cannot fix the problem. If a trained Honda mechanic cant fix it where am I to go? Kawasaki?

If you buy a brand new bike from Honda or Suzuki or Yamaha it should run, thats the bottom line.

I can't believe the way I have been treated from the Honda customer service department.

I'm at a practice motocross track. All i have ever owned is motocross bikes so I know how to ride. I've had enough of the B.S. from Honda and I'm in the process of abtaining a lawyer. I have had this cr 125 twice at Honda certified trained mechanics and they still cannot fix the problem. If a trained Honda mechanic cant fix it where am I to go? Kawasaki?

If you buy a brand new bike from Honda or Suzuki or Yamaha it should run, thats the bottom line.

I can't believe the way I have been treated from the Honda customer service department.

maybe you need the rider mod? :thumbsup:

luniz,

Ive been riding motocross and racing since 1978. I'm asking for some help with a big problem. I bought a brand new bike a month ago and I still cant ride it. Rider abillity is not the problem. And Honda is no help what so ever.

I'd appreciate some expert advise if you can offer it. If all you can offer is the spoiled ( daddy buys me all the bikes i want and i dont have to work at all for it attitude) then please post elsewhere.

So is it rich through out the WHOLE range, low mid and top ?

What is the stock jetting ?

I did a small search and it appears quite a bit (different years) of CR 125's come from factory jetted really bad, of course it depends on what area/weather you live how bad it really is.

I really think your wasting your time with the Honda shop though since it takes some time to figure the proper jetting out and since you have been riding for so long (1978) I would think you could jet it closer then they could? A trained Honda mechanic just can't possibly jet it for all conditions in the future, that is one thing you should learn how to do on your own machine and not relie on them, not that you are not trying, I'm just saying that's one tuning procedure that goes along with buying a MX bike (like adj chain, setting sag, cleaning filter, adj clickers, etc,etc) that all consumers should get used to. My step bro had a 84 CR for 14 years, :crazy: and always carried a can of WD-40 along to start his machine, simply because he didn't want to dick with jetting!

Are you the type rider to clutch the 125 often and sort of use the clutch as the throttle or you ride it THROUGH the powerband and don't use clutch (feather in corners) much at all ? This will at least tell us if the whole bike should be jetted a bit leaner then normal.

:rolleyes: This may help you :thumbsup:

:rolleyes:http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5798193&postcount=8

----------------------------------------------------------------:bonk:

I need your help guys and gals. I'm still fouling plugs. Ive had this bike almost a month and still can't ride it.

I'm at a 420 main jet

a 42.5 pilot jet and the clip is in the 3rd position. I'm almost to the point of letting honda come repo the bike and go get a rm or kx.

Thanks, Mark

So far this is the only post where you have given any information for us to help you!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
luniz,

Ive been riding motocross and racing since 1978. I'm asking for some help with a big problem. I bought a brand new bike a month ago and I still cant ride it. Rider abillity is not the problem. And Honda is no help what so ever.

I'd appreciate some expert advise if you can offer it. If all you can offer is the spoiled ( daddy buys me all the bikes i want and i dont have to work at all for it attitude) then please post elsewhere.

:crazy::bonk:

You still need to jet your bike correctly. :mad:

Have you read any of the links posted?

Have you tried any other jets other than the ones in your first post?

Have you searched the forum?

I have a brand new 2006 CR250R, which was fouling plugs every five minutes. Instead of complaining to Honda (and hiring a lawyer:thumbsdn: ) I went to my local MX store and bought $25 of different main, and pilot jets. Then I went testing, I had to lean out the main and pilots jets 3-4 sizes leaner form stock. It still was not perfect, but it was not fouling plugs. Then I got the James Dean kit for the needles, and the jetting is almost perfect.

Instead of venting, you should be testing. It takes only a few minutes to swap out the brass.

You bought a RACE bike! Your suppose to tune it for the race conditions, daily, and hourly.:thumbsup:

I've went from a 430 to a 420 on the main jet. The bike came with a 55 pilot jet and now I'm down to a 42.5. Should I go even lower on the pilot? With the way the bike is jetted now it only fouls the plugs in the lower rpm range. Somewhere between 1/8th and 1/4 throttle. With the stock jetting all the bike would do is idle. I'm ordering the JD jet kit today.

The bike will run great for about 5 to maybe 10 minutes of riding then a fouled plug.

ok i rejetted my bike

fmf said thier racers jet thier 125's at

430 main jet and a 50 pilot jet with the clip on the 2nd notch and having the air mixture screw 1.5 turns out. i did that and run my bike 32:1 with amsoil and have only fouled 3 plugs in the past 4 months

I've went from a 430 to a 420 on the main jet. The bike came with a 55 pilot jet and now I'm down to a 42.5. Should I go even lower on the pilot? With the way the bike is jetted now it only fouls the plugs in the lower rpm range. Somewhere between 1/8th and 1/4 throttle. With the stock jetting all the bike would do is idle. I'm ordering the JD jet kit today.

The bike will run great for about 5 to maybe 10 minutes of riding then a fouled plug.

:thumbsup: What the hell..... Did you bother to read (not referring to pilot) any of this ?

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5798193&postcount=8

Also, :rolleyes: a "Thank You" would be nice to the ones that tried to help you out :bonk::crazy::rolleyes:

Thanks Huffa and everyone else. No I did'nt see that post and I'll try a 410 main jet this weekend. I already moved the needle 1 clip lower. Maybe the 410 main will do the trick.

Thanks Huffa and everyone else. No I did'nt see that post and I'll try a 410 main jet this weekend. I already moved the needle 1 clip lower. Maybe the 410 main will do the trick.

Your welcome, let us know the outcome, you'll get it right !

I had the same problem. I bought a leftover 06 about 2 months ago and fouled plugs every 15 minutes. I changed the pilot to a 45 and the main to a 400 and raised the clip hence lowering the needle on click and it runs like a champ. I have not fould a plug since. This works good for elevation up to about 1000 feet above sea level. Give it a try it worked for me.