AFE Air Filter

Who's tried NoToil filters?

in regards to there filters does any one use there biodigradible oil and cleaner makes filter maintance alot better

but think ill still use bellray with a twin air or similar filter in realy dusty conditions as i no my bike will start running poorly and stop before dirt

gets past the filter

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently bought one of the new Moose A/F that someone here talked about. So far, (one use,) I am very impressed.

Its seems a bit larger than most, (better air flow, more surface area.) I really like the Neoprene rubber seal, and at the bolt hole.

I'll keep you all posted.

AFE stepped up and took care of the situation. I am impressed with the customer service displayed by AFE, and have a regained confidence in their products, definitely a stand-up company.

I can understand you being impressed with their customer service,but regaining confidence in their products baffles me if nothing has changed with their products.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The AFE filters do not work. Great concept but unfortunately I don't think we will get away from oil! I was quite disappointed as I had ordered them at the same time Norcalride experienced his failure with the Filters. I destroyed the two I had received as AFE told me they were defective and they had to change them.

I received the new fitlers over a month after I destroyed the first ones. I figured they would have rectified the problem so I installed one on the ole yz450.

I smeared grease on the inside just to catch any little bit of silt that could possibly make it through. Well turns out I didn't even need the grease, there was actually fine silt pooled in the bottom of the intake and the grease was brown. The sad part is that I wasn't even riding in the most dusty of conditions and the filter still let the fine silt through. I even have a picture on the inside of the filter that shows the silt coming right through, there is a fine brown layer trailing right out of the filter. I can't post attachments yet but when I can I will put my photo's up.

Now the only question is ... how badly have I hurt my motor? How much does running some silt through a fourstoke affect its life, performance, etc...? The carb makes a scratching sound as I turn the throttle, as there is no doubt sand in it!!

I notified AFE of the problem Monday morning and have not heard back form them yet.

I will keep everyone posted!

The AFE filters do not work. Great concept but unfortunately I don't think we will get away from oil! I was quite disappointed as I had ordered them at the same time Norcalride experienced his failure with the Filters. I destroyed the two I had received as AFE told me they were defective and they had to change them.

I received the new fitlers over a month after I destroyed the first ones. I figured they would have rectified the problem so I installed one on the ole yz450.

I smeared grease on the inside just to catch any little bit of silt that could possibly make it through. Well turns out I didn't even need the grease, there was actually fine silt pooled in the bottom of the intake and the grease was brown. The sad part is that I wasn't even riding in the most dusty of conditions and the filter still let the fine silt through. I even have a picture on the inside of the filter that shows the silt coming right through, there is a fine brown layer trailing right out of the filter. I can't post attachments yet but when I can I will put my photo's up.

Now the only question is ... how badly have I hurt my motor? How much does running some silt through a fourstoke affect its life, performance, etc...? The carb makes a scratching sound as I turn the throttle, as there is no doubt sand in it!!

I notified AFE of the problem Monday morning and have not heard back form them yet.

Unless youre a TT member you cant post attachments, the way the rest of us post pics is to up load to photbucket, which is the most reliable, and copy the IMG code, paste it directly in and it shows up in your post.

That would not make me very happy. Sorry you had to be a victim. I know the companies make this stuff with good intentions, but is it ever tested???

You know who's fault it will be...yours. Somehow you did something wrong.

Please update us on the outcome.

I will keep everyone posted. It does suck to have things fail, but if it had worked it would have been awesome.

I just think a little more testing was required in the many terrain types TT members ride. The fine silt seems to be the issue with these filters.

You can see the ring on the gasket where it was sealed to the air box so there really is no way I installed it incorrectly.

I guess we will see what they come back with. They seem to be a stand up company, but how do you compensate some one for what might happen in the future? I know it isn't good for the bike but it hasn't blown up yet ....

Need to get cleaning, with the 4t's you have to worry about the valves, cams etc many more internals for the snad to grind away at

• 2 months later...