Sign in to follow this  

quiet exhaust

who makes the quietest performance exhaust? I have a full Muzzy ti system on my 04 WR250f,I love the performance,but I'm tired on the loudness

I have a 03 wr with a fmf Q titanium and it's a nice pipe. Pretty quite. Not as barky as the Dr. D full system but the Dr.D definately has more low end

I run the stock exhaust system i just bought the GYTR insert. I have great power and it's 96 decibels. Plus it's cheap! Which is even better!

I doubt that even comes close to the power of an aftermarket pipe, I used to run my can without any inserts and it was gutless. but very quiet

I doubt that even comes close to the power of an aftermarket pipe, I used to run my can without any inserts and it was gutless. but very quiet

I spend my money in other things then a pipe. Instead of a pipe i bought a 290 kit which gave me far more bang for my buck. I personally find pipes to be over priced. When the stock can gives more then enough power that i'll ever use. I'm not Ricky, I use my bike for the single track and it has enough power for me. Replacing it seems pointless to me. Now if you were doing wide open stuff and need a little bit more somewhere then go ahead and do it. But a new pipe isn't always the best choice for riding conditions.

I run the stock exhaust system i just bought the GYTR insert. I have great power and it's 96 decibels. Plus it's cheap! Which is even better!

Hey Clutch, did you look at the Pro Moto Billet insert. It looks like the GYTR. Is there any difference in performance? I think the PMB is 10 bucks more.

thanks

Hey Clutch, did you look at the Pro Moto Billet insert. It looks like the GYTR. Is there any difference in performance? I think the PMB is 10 bucks more.

thanks

I have no idea on that sorry. We Bought the GTYR because my bike is a 01 and we knew it would fit right in there. It probably does the same thing, at least that's my educated guess.

I went into my Yami dealer here in Canada to pick up a GYTR exhaust insert but they are no longer available here. I guess I will have to do some on-line shopping.

i thought the billet one was for looks and spark arrestor. I was unaware it adds power or lowers your sound output.

???

I like my Dr. D with quiet core and spark arrestor; 96 dB, and works great for me.

I had a guy last race come up to me afterwards and say "I couldn't hear you back there! I had no idea you were even there. I thought I was all by myself and then you came by!"

Stealth rules! :thumbsup:

I like my Dr. D with quiet core and spark arrestor; 96 dB, and works great for me.

I had a guy last race come up to me afterwards and say "I couldn't hear you back there! I had no idea you were even there. I thought I was all by myself and then you came by!"

Stealth rules! :thumbsup:

Did your pipe come with the quiet core & SA installed? On their site, it looks like they want you to pay $550. for the steel system, $80. for the SA and I couldn't even find the quiet core. Got to be over 7 bills shipped:eek: Then it says you have to drill and re-rivot your new $700.+ system? Not me. Seems like maybe they could take a break from developing quad pipes long enough to offer a woods ready pipe. FMF gets it with the Q4. The '05 up stock pipes do fine uncorked:thumbsup: I'll use that cash for tires. Good to see some quiet pipe threads coming up-let's keep those trails & tracks open:thumbsup:

Did your pipe come with the quiet core & SA installed? On their site, it looks like they want you to pay $550. for the steel system, $80. for the SA and I couldn't even find the quiet core. Got to be over 7 bills shipped:eek: Then it says you have to drill and re-rivot your new $700.+ system? Not me. Seems like maybe they could take a break from developing quad pipes long enough to offer a woods ready pipe. FMF gets it with the Q4. The '05 up stock pipes do fine uncorked:thumbsup: I'll use that cash for tires. Good to see some quiet pipe threads coming up-let's keep those trails & tracks open:thumbsup:

really, you can get it for cheaper than that; here is the full system, with spark arrestor, for $500:

here

...and here is the optional quiet core, for $40:

here

So for the full system, with spark arrestor and quiet core, it would be about $540.

There is no drilling or re-riveting if you get the pipe that comes with the spark arrestor already. Just remove the end cap bolts and put in the quiet core; put end cap back on, very easy addition.

really, you can get it for cheaper than that; here is the full system, with spark arrestor, for $500:

here

...and here is the optional quiet core, for $40:

here

So for the full system, with spark arrestor and quiet core, it would be about $540.

There is no drilling or re-riveting if you get the pipe that comes with the spark arrestor already. Just remove the end cap bolts and put in the quiet core; put end cap back on, very easy addition.

I think your right. I was looking here: http://www.dubachracing.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=43

...didn't realize the aluminum system comes with the sparky. I think they are the best full system, but wish they would offer a slip on that works with the stock head pipe. Any way you slice it, that's still a lot of tire money, and suspension should take priority:thumbsup:

I think your right. I was looking here: http://www.dubachracing.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=43

...didn't realize the aluminum system comes with the sparky. I think they are the best full system, but wish they would offer a slip on that works with the stock head pipe. Any way you slice it, that's still a lot of tire money, and suspension should take priority:thumbsup:

I agree the suspension takes priority; unless you have to meet a sound test, or if you need a spark arrestor. Both of those things will end your day quickly; quicker than still having stock suspension.

So if you're going to hit the woods and/or race MX in MN, some kind of pipe/pipe modification is necessary.

It is a huge chunk of change though, that part is no fun.