Want to buy KYB dual chamber fork tools

Does anyone know where i can purchase 49mm fork cap wrench and a 36mm fork compression valve removal tool. In canada.

I am tired of phoning around trying to explain to parts people what i need.

I have tried lots of websites but they seem to have one tool but not the other. or they are out of stock.

Somebody most know where to buy both tools easily. I just want to change my fork seals!!

Thanks

for my 07 yz450f

Does anyone know where i can purchase 49mm fork cap wrench and a 36mm fork compression valve removal tool. In canada.

I am tired of phoning around trying to explain to parts people what i need.

I have tried lots of websites but they seem to have one tool but not the other. or they are out of stock.

Somebody most know where to buy both tools easily. I just want to change my fork seals!!

Thanks

for my 07 yz450f

Looks like you have been given a lot of good advise on where to find quality tools. If you are in a bind to fix your leaky seals as quickly and inexpensively as possible, you do not need to buy any special tools for just a seal change. You can make a seal driver out of a 1-1/2” schedule 40 PVC pipe coupling by cutting it in half. You can purchase one from a hardware store for under a $1.00. I have been using the same one for almost six years on any 47mm – 49mm fork tubes. Here’s a link to help you out with the procedure. http://www.dirtrider.com/tech/141_07...ges/index.html

The fork used in the link is a Showa but, the design of the new (2006-2008YZ/YZF) KYB forks is the same and so is the procedure. This will allow you to change fork springs or seals and change the oil in the outer chamber. This article does not cover changing the oil in the inner chamber. This may be just the ticket for you if all you want to do is a seal change. I hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I live in the Yukon and I have a 2001 RM 125 I am trying to replace the seals/oil on it for 1st time right now(47mm Showa's). It is very annoying getting things done quick here unless it's something simple like a lever or tire or things they keep in stock, but almost everything needs to be ordered from outside. I need the fork cap wrench and the stopper thing(dampening rod stopper I think). Think I can get away without the rest (man those seal drivers are a tad expensive from what i saw 60-70$ + shipping!!) DennisKirk.ca had the cap wrench but not the rod stopper, I dont want to order from 2 places (has to be a pain in the ass). I'll check some of the websites to order off here, Thumpertalk is such a good forum. I watched a demo video on youtube with same shocks/procedure but he left out putting the spring back in, is there anything to that or is it pretty straight forward? I think I'll start a new post on where to order parts/tools for Canadians. Going to the dealership when it opens today to see how much theyd charge for those 2 tools because its such a pain finding it on the internet.

Oh yeah, forgot to ask in my last post... does anyone know, do you have to change the oil in the inner chamber or would it be full, just seen a post above that says something about just changing seals and fill outer chamber, but I think most the oil leaked out so a complete empty/refill is probably the way to go??? Just wondering if it would of leaked out of there as well. It seems taking your time 1st time would be wise (2 hours atleast, probably more). I think I it's probably wise to empty refill it because i'm just not sure and I'm not sure how to do it without taking them right apart from the demo I watched with same style showa's, or if the inner chamber is still full or not. I was told to empty out the oil in the bottom or the shock too from a buddy whos done it once before. Reason being, I'm moving soon and if I take it in to the dealer they might take too long.