Sign in to follow this  

white vs. black.....

plastics. which holds up better and dont look like crap after 2 rides?

what's your thoughts?

i have black excels w/ gold hubs. need plastics and trying to figure out which to get.

what's your thoughts?

i have black excels w/ gold hubs. need plastics and trying to figure out which to get.

Definitely the white plastics will hold up better (In terms of showing scratches and stuff), I had black plastics on my bike for 2 seasons and they looked like crap after the first year.

nooo way!, i would never put white plastic on my bike and expect them to look good for very long. atleast with black when you put some good deep scratches in them you can't see all the nice brown dirt even after a good wash.

White is the bomb, It always looks clean,even when dirty,I thoght my plastic was nice and smooth and I rubbed it and damn,the front fender is like sandpaper from all the roosts and fork leg plastic too!

Feburary08015.jpg

OTHGOATFIELD4-29-08.jpg

Does it stain from mud or clay if its white? Does crud get stuck in grooves and scratches?

i had a yamaha quad that was white and never again will i ever have a white bike (except my CBR600RR that ill be getting :thumbsup: ). it showed every scratch and dirt got stuck in the scratches. i couldnt get it clean. im going with black on my CRF450 soon. in a week or 2 ill be ordering it. i love the LE CRF so im going with that look.

I couldnt decide, so I did the front half white and the back half black! Both seem to be holding up pretty well.. Ive done the back half of my crfs black in the past and it held up decent.. I think alot of it plays into how well you take care of your stuff.. A product called DIRT SQUIRT helps keep anything clean looking..

what's your thoughts?

If you like the MDK Xyience graphics, like the pic on the first page of this thread. I have a set of #12 Vuillemin and #27 Nick Wey Graphics for sale- They are made by FLU Designs.

Go white and use mr cleen magic eraser and soft scrub to clean. Whestleys tire cleaner works well too but you have to be careful with it. BTW whestleys tire cleaner works magic on the black stains on enclosed trailers and rv's.