Sign in to follow this  

Inner Rotor Kit Question.

Hey everyone.

I've got my bike running and got the tires all taken care of finally, so I was out riding it around today.

Does the inner rotor kit require a little bit of getting used to? The bike runs great and idles well and when it's in neutral it revs just fine with no issues. But when I put it into gear I seem to stall it out more often than I'm used to. BUT...without making any changes I seemed to get a little bit more used to it and started having less problems.

So, does the inner rotor kit take just a little bit of getting used to?? Or does it sound like my carb needs a bit more dialing in??

An IRK does take some getting used to. Since you do not have the mass of the flywheel as inertia you have to rev the bike more when it is under load or it will stall.

Okay, that's what it was seeming like to me...that it required a bit more revving to get it to actually start to move...

At least more revving than any other four stroke I've ever ridden.

I think now though, I won't worry too much about messing with the carb anymore, other than maybe the idle speed, because that was my only issue.

Thanks outlaw!

Reeg makes an inner rotor weight that helps out a lot. I put one on my OGM and it is great. Not too bad at about $35

An IRK does take some getting used to. Since you do not have the mass of the flywheel as inertia you have to rev the bike more when it is under load or it will stall.

I think you meant you have to rev the bike when it is NOT under a load or it will stall, like letting off the throttle real quick comming into a turn, or when in the air on a jump and you let of the gas completly. when you are pulling a straight or up a hill or the face of a jump, when it is under a load, it will not stall. they accelerate rapidly with an inner rotor, on a loose track or muddy conditions the inner rotor will break the tire loose much quicker and can be a handful if your not ready, as Chiro said the weight helps slow it down and make it more managable.

Are they pretty easy to install?

Ten minutes max. Take the ignition cover off, install the weight to the rotor with the three bolts provided. Put the ignition cover back on. Done