To Whoever Booby Trapped A Trail By Fremont Peak

The following is both my venting and a warning to offroaders riding the Cal City area (or anywhere else). Dirt bikers aren't the only people who read ThumperTalk, the greenies are reading this as well.

"I just got back from two really hot days of riding in the desert. It was great, did 186 miles including 40 miles of night riding. Saw seven Desert Tortise and two Mojave rattlers.

It was a perfect trip with one exception, Monday, while riding the Fremont Peak area, I turned onto a trail, luckily I wasen't going fast and was watching where I was going. I was able to stop before hitting your booby trap - hundreds of large flange roofing nails (they stand on end when thrown on the ground) scattered over a hundred yards of trail.

Obviously, you put them there hoping to puncture the tires of unsuspecting off roaders. Never mind the fact that they could also go through the shoe of a hiker, the tires of an emergency rescue vehicle, even the paw of a coyote or bobcat pursuing prey. Nope, you were only thinking of your self ritious cause - whatever that is.

Well, I hate to say it pal, but your trap won't work. I spent a good 45 minutes in a hundred degree weather collecting every one of those nails, dug a small pit with my boot and buried them, and I enjoyed every minute of it.

I don't hate you, I feel pity for you. Normal people, people with friends, lovers and hobbies don't have to stoop to your level of trying to ruin other peoples fun. You are most likely a friendless, petty, angry little man, with only your "cause" to keep you company.

Although I don't hate you, I am sure others don't feel the same. I hope they don't catch you some day while you are planting your next trap, most likely they won't be as forgiving as I am".

Be careful out there, you never know what is over the next hill. If you come across a spiked trail or any other trap, please take the time to clean it up.

And be aware of vehicles in areas where they look out of place, write down descriptions and if possible plate numbers.

• Like 16

If you ever plant a trap on any trail, you better wish I don't catch you. I won't have any pity for you when I stomp on your ass.

Great post and thanks for the heads up. There are some sick people out there and it just goes to show you how blind and mislead these extremists are ? .

I'm disgusted. Not at you what you did was awesome clearing the way so that other riders didn't get caught up in the trap. I'm disgusted in people that would go out and sabatoge (nails, razorblades, piano wire, barbed wire fences with fenceposts hidden in bushes, etc) trails ?

Damn!

Good job picking all those nails up. I hope to catch this idiot at some point and if I do I will not be forgiving.

I wonder if it is the same isiot that puts rocks in front of trails to make you crash. Also the same idiot who puts up those old jail "24 hour monitoring" signs up.

I ride Freemont peak all the time and there is a guy out there that drives an old white truck, I have heard he does things like that. I have a hard time believing it would be a greenie.

Not to many people ride that area or even know about it, I'd like to keep it that way. Our club has been doing their year end gathering out there for 15 + years.

Thanks Agent 2!!!!!

Woe to anyone who gets caught planting booby traps for the unawares. If bad Karma doesn't get you........one of us will. Not sure which will be worse, but I can guarantee, you'll wish you'd never thought of the idea.......

• Like 1

That area is known for a some nut locals fiddling with

signs and stuff like that.

Jim(Cutacross) has been after some guy out there for a couple of years

fiddling with his duel sport courses and altering signs.

Were the nails newer or rusted?

Wayne

Also the same idiot who puts up those old jail "24 hour monitoring" signs up.

You know, I saw a couple of those signs out off of Ft Irwin road. They read something like, "24 hour video surveillance in progress". I laughed my ass off and though huh must have a HUGE battery. Oh and sorry about the roofing nails guys. I was out building really small two story homes for the tortoises, kangaroo rats and the endangered south-african-three-spotted-four-winged-lesbian-shit-spider and must have hit a bump.?

Keep it up....i have come across the logs thrown at a 45 degree angle and the rocks in the middle of nowhere....just motivates me more to fight....also have seen some horses hurt by these actions....remember greenies the horses were here before you.

Thanks for cleaning up the trail. Hate to think of the worse. Would be bad if someones kid was leading and did not slow down.

I can only say that if the person is reading this, You better hope God gets to you first and not riders like myself.

I wonder, would a person with this mentality feel badly should a child; someones son or daughter, be hurt or killed by their little trap?

I wonder how they would feel if I were to cut the brake lines on their mother or fathers car? How would they feel if the result of cutting their brake lines was an accident, and death? How would they feel if another family, a family not even related to the situation, was killed? Is this considered collateral damage? As agent mentioned; these nails could end up in the paw of a passing animal. A lame paw or leg generally means death for a wild animal. Is this collateral damage as well? I would just love to dig deeper into the psyche of the standard eco terrorist.

I agree with agent. The greenies read this site. We know it. They know it. Theyre never brave enough to say a single word. Only cowardly enough to set traps for unsuspecting riders.

Keep setting your traps geniuses. Lets see... Hasnt been the least bit effective thus far. Lets keep doing it. Maybe all the sudden it will actually become a deterrant and will suddenly make all dirtbikers quit their sport.

Yep, and tomorrow I will wake up with a hairless arse.

I have not had to use my tow strap as of yet, but if I ever catch up with one of these bastards I will be towing their bare ass through the desert behind my 525 at full throttle.

? On second thought, that may be a bit extreme. better make that 3/4 throttle.

Thanks for cleaning up Agent 2.?

• Like 1

I have not had to use my tow strap as of yet, but if I ever catch up with one of these bastards I will be towing their bare ass through the desert behind my 525 at full throttle.

? On second thought, that may be a bit extreme. better make that 3/4 throttle.

Thanks for cleaning up Agent 2.?

Catch the f...er and we will tie them up btween your 530 and my 610 and see what gives first.