Sign in to follow this  

Supercross American Motocross/Supercross and the American economy

wow!...sounds like he knows what is going on to me.

VERY interesting. Good find. Hopefully this article will be read by the right people because the guy makes sense and hopefully his suggestions will be heard by the powers that be.

Whoa. There's some deep stuff going on there. Talk about an uncertain future.

I knew bike sales were low here in Michigan but I didnt think the whole country. I didnt even think about how that will affect racing either. 20 rounds for Supercross sounds good but losing the nationals does not sound good. It sounds like the nationals might lose everything one by one. First riders (JS,CR,KW), then whole teams, television coverage. I can understand KW he is not exactly young anymore. I don't see how the X-Games is a competitor to SX or MX. The sx race at the x-games is not that good I would rather watch a national anyday. This is like a doomsday letter about motocross. I hope it never comes true. I would think this would make amateur racing decline also. Their goal is to turn pro. Only 40 riders are in the mains in sx and sxl races combined. In motocross it is 40 in each class and no transition is needed it is what they grew up riding. They would have to learn sx and be in the top 20 I am sure that would take a lot of kids dreams away.

I think X-games is much better for advertising. That action is much slower over the course of the televised parts, allowing for more jaw jacking and sponser pushing. Plus the general public thinks backflips are cooler than watching RC, JS, and CR battle for the lead.

This is one huge reason I think sales are down. Just scroll down and you'll find a well written piece about 2 strokes and 4 strokes. http://www.eternaltwostroke.com/

I think X-games is much better for advertising. That action is much slower over the course of the televised parts, allowing for more jaw jacking and sponser pushing. Plus the general public thinks backflips are cooler than watching RC, JS, and CR battle for the lead.

This is one huge reason I think sales are down. Just scroll down and you'll find a well written piece about 2 strokes and 4 strokes. http://www.eternaltwostroke.com/[/QUO

the article aout Matt Karlsen on that page is awesome!!!!