Sign in to follow this  

Wr250r Vs Kl250s

I currently own a 2007 KLX250s

The new WR looks sweet and was wondering if anyone has owned both bikes to give me a good reason to go and buy the new wR

Any comment regarding the difference in performance and ride quality of this stunning looking bike compared to the KLX would be good

Cheers

I have a WR250R and my son has a 2007 KLX250. I copied this from a previous post.

berkshire.jpg

I rode both at a recent the dual sport event. So here is my simple comparison.

- Both are good bikes. The Yamaha costs at least $1000 more. You get what you pay for here.

- You can really notice the differences in engines. Granted that the WR has a FMF pipe/muffler on it right now, but still the WR responds faster when twisting the throttle, has more low end and better high end. The engine on the WR is noticeably stronger across the powerband than the KLX.

- The WR is taller and appears to have a little more travel in the front/back suspension. I thought the suspension on the KLX felt a little softer than the WR, but it's a good setup and worked well in the rough stuff.

- The stock gearing on both bikes is too high for riding tight, steep, muddy, rocky single track.

- The stock Dunlops on the KLX are much better than the stock tires on the WR.

- I will end this where I started. Both are good bikes. The Yamaha costs at least $1000 more. You get what you pay for here.