Sign in to follow this  

Hot Pics of my 1983 MX100

Here are some pics of my 1983 Yamaha MX100. Me and my dad didnt have to do much to it, it pretty much came like this, she just needed a good coat of polish and some TLC and it was looking (and running) like a swiss watch! And yes, some of the pics were taken at :thumbsup: Louee. Take a look and throw in a comment or two and tell me what you think!

Cheers :ride:

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=59198

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=60213

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=60208

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=60211

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=60212

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=60210

wow, they all look the same?Just little red x's.Im just messin with you.

wow, they all look the same?Just little red x's.Im just messin with you.
thats what they look like to me:excuseme:

i think thats a dt100, someone just put the "mx" sticker on.

cool to have one, freind had one new, i dont think they made those in 83? might be older.

Its amazing isnt it... the MX100 and the DT100 are a spitting image of each other, what was Yamaha thinking!! And yes... it is a 1983 model!

Mick :thumbsup:

my freind bought a new dt100 for his gf in the day, i remember having to take off the lights

the mx's didnt have lights. i thought they looked like this?

yamaha mx100

maybe its a international thing, different models.

great fun to ride. now i want a minibike again.

Pretty sure that's not an 83, looks more like 78 or something. Bet it's a blast to ride tho. Your family obviously has a vintage thing going on, that is great stuff. Thanks for posting.

Pretty sure that's not an 83, looks more like 78 or something. Bet it's a blast to ride tho. Your family obviously has a vintage thing going on, that is great stuff. Thanks for posting.

DGXR,

I've done some research on the beast, and it is a 1983 model. Cant think why everyone thinks it isnt an '83??

Cheers, Mick :thumbsup:

If I'm not mistaken, didn't Yamaha have some MX's that were white and yellow? If so what years were they?

i had a white and yellow one of those. mine was the dualsport version with signal lights and horn and stuff. im not sure of the year but i think it was 83 or 82. it had "enduro" on one of the side plates. dt100j

That is a DT my friend has one.

No way mate... take a look at the tank... it says MX!!

No way mate... take a look at the tank... it says MX!!

Yeah, but the MX's didn't come with lights...

i had a white and yellow one of those. mine was the dualsport version with signal lights and horn and stuff. im not sure of the year but i think it was 83 or 82. it had "enduro" on one of the side plates. dt100j

Yes! I could have sworn that was the case! A friend of mine (20+ years ago) had an MX 100 with no lights that had white plastic and a yellow seat. Maybe the OP's model is different being he is located in Austrialia?:ride: Maybe the US versions were white and yellow and the Austrailian versions looked like the DT's and were red???:thumbsup:

Sweet bike, I had a DT1hondo back in the day. Beat da pizz outta it day in day out and it kept on braaap'n.

my dt 100j had black seat, yellow tank and side cover/exhaust cover, and white fenders. this was an 82, Canadian version, with the headlight, and signal lights, and stuff. it had "enduro 100" on the side cover and exhaust cover.