Sign in to follow this  

will this work?

So i broke 2 bolts on the bottom of my right front shock. The one that clamps your wheel on.

my question is will a 2003 RM 125 front right fork , fit the same in my tripple clamp as my current? am I able to switch the whole tripple clamp? forks and all over to my 97 rm 125?

I suspect you would be able to swap the entire front end over. Hopefully one of the 125 gurus will pipe up with a definitive answer.

If it were mine I'd get those broken bolts out. If you don't know how to do it, take the fork to a machine shop and have them do it. It shouldn't cost much and will be less expensive than new forks. Worst case they can drill and re-tap the holes.

Just be careful to not break that $5 easy-out in the hole, or you'll have real problems.

Just be careful to not break that $5 easy-out in the hole, or you'll have real problems.

thats when you buy a $5 easy out-easy out

Using the easy-out on an easy-out doesnt work well lol i tired it

yeah i have never tried it n but i bet it sucks

thats when you buy a $5 easy out-easy out

LMAO! Having been there, you do not want to break off an easy-out. They're hardened steel and a real :thumbsup: to get out. If you want to try an extractor, chase down your local Snap-On man and get one of their multi-spline extractors. They're very difficult to break, really grab well, and cost about the same.

19133.JPG

I got a set of these a long time ago and they've paid for themselves many times.

So i broke 2 bolts on the bottom of my right front shock. The one that clamps your wheel on.

my question is will a 2003 RM 125 front right fork , fit the same in my tripple clamp as my current? am I able to switch the whole tripple clamp? forks and all over to my 97 rm 125?

You're not going to be able to run just one fork from a 2003 on a 1997. The 1997 Rm125 came equipt with conventional forks and the 2003 has USD forks.

You would need to get the entire front end setup. I have an extra set of 97 forks, but I'm not sure how good they are. your best bet is to try extract the broken bolt yourself.