Read Fender Mod?

Hello all,

I have just purchased a 2007 DR650. I am curious if anyone had done any mod's to the rear fender. I would like to loose the stock part that hangs down for the license plate and light.

Has anyone had any success relocating the light and plate elsewhere? Pictures or advice would be great.

Thanks

I took mine off and used some decking metal to make my own license plate holder, then got some bolt lites to attach the plate and light it. Cost me about $20. All I needed to do it was tin snips, a drill, and some extra bolts I found laying around the garage.

Here's what I did. I unbolted the lower fender and made a sheet metal bracket for the stock license plate light and reused the stock license plate bracket.

DSC00786.jpg

Clever. I with I'da thought of that:thumbsup:

I liked the "mudflap" but alas I busted it enough to not want to replace it. My solution was ghetto but bulletproof. I just bolted the plate to the fender just below the taillight. I used the rubber hole-bushings from the mudflap plastic and put a 1/4" thick chunk of doublesided tape/foam behind the plate; bolts only through the top two holes. No noise, no friction problems and it looks OK, but not like it came that way.

My first build was using those rubber hole-bushings from the mudflap and mounting the original plate mount metal thing to the fender. It looked good but was vibrating alot and had the top of the plate raised an inch or two... threatening my nads if I were to slip off the back for some reason.

hojenlowres.jpg

That's how i did it, in sweden the dr comes stock with the dr 250 light, looks pretty sweet. Got rid of the whole plate holder and drilled 2 holes in the rear fender and bolted on the license plate.

It's pretty much what enduro people do, and here the cops don't bother