Sign in to follow this  

att all crf250 riders

:thumbsup: i wanna here your bad storys about your bikes i wanna get one and i only wanna here a non biest reports of all the bad things that have happened to your crf :ride:

Nothing bad has happened to the two CRF's that I have owned, my 06 was perfect. And Now I am on my 08. My 08 has 47 hrs on it, it is working excellent. Changed out the stock piston at 38.1 hrs to put in my JE high comp 13.5:1 piston. Valves haven't moved at all since I set them after break in.

Good maintenance = a bike that will last and perform great

07 250r that runs great. Only shimmed valves once so far after a lot of hard riding. Keep oil and filter clean and should have slim to no problems as 250f rider said.

ive had my 06 for about a year, and have had no problems with it, still starts on first kick, mabey 2nd kick.

11-p15-KnockWood.jpg

SAME HERE nothing bad to say. had the bike since aug 06 and riding hard every time i get one it. ill be replacing the piston this month with the je high comp

No mechanical issues with my 06, but the last time I went riding this serious problem with the Honda CRF happen.....

rockrash.jpg

framerash.jpg

Now, I know what you are all thinking.....that is not the fault of Honda but the rider for doing somthing stupid and falling on a big rock, but I will be filing a law suit against Honda for not putting protection to prevent this and I could have been seriously hurt.

Just kidding about that last part of course....trying for a big hill climb with no momentum and should have gotten out of it, but was trying to show off and this was the result. Stuppid cumminsman, stupid!

I really like my 05. It's my first bike really and was probably the right one to get (make/model/displacement). Bought it used, and after two seasons of riding it myself I redid the piston and put it the stainless steel vavles (FactionMX kit). I just wish I could ride more! Air filters maintenance is probably the worst thing about it.

well there aint much bad to say about my 07 crf 250.

burnt my clutch out

my intake valves went at 40 hours (semi my fualt) due to incorrect filter instalation by my brother.

i broke my right engine casing, stone got caught between it and swing arm

dented my left exhuast, stupid riders should watch out.

broke my head by letting some one else work on it.

other than that she still runs great, never misses a beat, and never takes more than 3 kicks to start.

oh another thing is worth mentioning, is that it can be tricky istalling the air filter and also its kinda hard to get the screw to start aswell.

just keep up on maintenance and they last for ever.

My 2007: Intake valves closed up at 40hrs. Took piston out at the same time and didnt need changing, well in spec

My 2008: almost 30hrs of fast Racing on it. Valves havent moved running perfect starts first kick !

come on guys theres gotta be some bad storys about them i just wanna get an idea on the worst that can happen if the bike were this great that no one ever had any probs wit them every one would be riding one

No problems with my 07. Few scratches here and there but hey thats gonna happen! :thumbsup:

come on guys theres gotta be some bad storys about them i just wanna get an idea on the worst that can happen if the bike were this great that no one ever had any probs wit them every one would be riding one

There are bad stories of the Honda's, just look at other threads where people are asking for help. Maybe that is what you want.

This thread is tempting me to go from blue, back to red.:thumbsup:

I'm sure if you posed the same question in another bike forum such as the yzf250 section, you would get more negative answers there. I think people here like their Honda's and don't really have bad things to say about them. I truely have not had much go wrong with mine other than a broken hot start cable and a sticky throttle cable. Basic things that I should have been better about lubing them to prevent those things from happening.

Oh, I know what is wrong with mine......It's too darn fast!

4 race/practice seasons on my 04 in the b class, just change the OE valves with faction ss valves this spring. keep clean air going in and clean oil and it will treat you well

First off: biased

Second: one night i parked my bike in the garage and it suddenly surged forward and tried to kill me.

Dude... you think you'll get an unbiased take in the CRF250R forum??? :ride:

The only way I would take any other bike besides the CRF250R is if were given to me for free. If I'm paying, I'm riding red. :thumbsup:

Bought an 08 new and rode it less then three hours:banghead: . Leaked coolant into the motor because of a bad head gasket. Needed a rebuild and that took weeks. Honda and my dealer split the cost in half and payed for the entire repair.:thumbsup: